Memories

Xavier's pov
   I woke up to Katerina struggling frantically in my arms,her eyes darting back and forth underneath her eyelids. I pulled her closer and pressed a gentle kiss to her head running my fingers through her soft hair I sighed she still wasn't calming down . My touch wasn't helping because of her bond with that Alpha I growled at the thought of him with my mate.
    Katerina whimpered silent tears falling down her cheeks at the sound I stiffened I caused that she's afraid of me I thought to my self as a frown appeared on my lips . Feeling Zander pushing toward the surface I gave him control hoping that he could calm her down.

   Zander's pov
I stood up my mate still in my arms and walked to the bathroom grabbing a rag on the way . Sitting Katerina on the sink I turned it on and put the rag under the cold water after wringing it out,I started dabbing it onto her face. After a few minutes of doing this her eyelids fluttered open and she spoke"it felt so real ,like I was experiencing it again ."she said softly with her eyes downcast when she glanced up I heard her sharp intake of breath as she noticed my red eyes "you are not Xavier his eyes are blue." She said in a matter of fact tone I chuckled "your right love I'm Zander his Vampire,Xavier is away at the moment." I said smirking it felt nice to have control for once "Can you let Xavier come back please?" I heard my mate say shyly I huffed but nodded letting Xavier have back control was the hardest thing I had ever done I wanted to spend more time with her but,I would do anything she asked .

  Xavier's pov
   "I couldn't calm you down so I let him have control for a bit are you OK?"she nodded but I could see in her eyes that the dream had really shaken her up. "Do you want to talk about it?" "No I don't think I can it's to painful ." She replied I saw her eyes flash with regret for not being able to tell me. Suddenly, I got an idea "what if you showed me ?" She looked at me in confusion "along with being able to read minds I can view people's memories if they let me or if I can get close enough."
   "Will it hurt?"she asked her voice sounding small "not a bit."I replied with a smile "OK go ahead ." I reached out and put both hands onto her face closing my eyes in concentration.  It's always alittle disorienting at first stepping into someone's mind around me seemed to be a meadow I was laying on my back staring up at the sky . Suddenly,Katerina came falling from the sky I quickly stood up bracing my legs and opening my arms to catch her. When she landed in my arms I quickly wrapped them around her and pulled her close with my vampire speed slowing her momentum .
  I looked down at her and smiled as she let out a shaky breath then burst out laughing. Gently ,I sat her down onto the ground and reached out my hand for her to take she hesitated for a minute but took my hand in hers.  I looked around sensing another presence it was weak but it was there  fading in and out.I sighed and shook my head as it disappeared I must be going crazy I thought to myself as Katerina pulled me along .
   She suddenly stopped and I ran right into her back sending us toppling over I landed on top of her with an ommph letting all of my weight fall onto her before I could catch myself .       She let out a tiny squeak and started struggling under my weight trying to get out from under me I propped myself up onto my arms and looked down at her.
   She stopped struggling and turned bright red "can you get off of me please ?"she asked timidly "why kitten? I quite like the view ." I replied a smirk gracing my features she huffed and started pushing at my chest with her hands I grabbed them and pinned them over her head halting her movements.
   Moving both of her hands into one of my own I tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and smiled crookedly down at her . I leaned down gently until our breaths mingled brushing my lips with hers as I talked "Do you want me to kiss you kitten ?" I asked my voice sounding husky to my ears
    She let out a little gasp but didn't try to shift away from me. I pressed my body closer to her tiny form as her eyes fluttered closed and kissed her . She hesitated for a minute before responding to me I deepened the kiss smiling into it as she whimpered trying to get closer to me .
       I sighed backing away from her rembering what we had to do "as much as I'd like to continue this kitten we have things to do ." I said smirking as I pulled her up from the ground "why did you stop anyway kitten ?"I asked suddenly curious she pointed in front of her and motioned toward a door suspended in mid air.
    It was plain white wrapped in chains as if something terrible was lurking behind it. I glanced over at Katerina and took her hand realizing that this was the portal into her memories. She walked forward and pressed her other hand to the door the chains fell away taking a minute to compose her self she opened the door dragging me into the darkness of her memories.