chapter 1

《 Kaija POV 》

If today could get any worse I'd be surpsrised. I woke up less than an hour ago and the days headed downwards. I had a dream last night that I killed my brother and dad, I woke up and my hair looked like a hobos home, my mom then proceeded to yell at me for not doing my chore last night, and now I'm here in my closet with no idea what to wear to school. I have to catch my bus in five minutes and I only have my hair ready.

"Kaija, you better get your a** down here and catch the bus because I'm not bringing you if you miss it," Mom yells.

Outside the clouds are almost black and the forecast says thunderstorms starting five minutes ago but no rain has come yet. I have no doubt it'll start raining soon though. I choose to ignore her and continue finding something to wear.

It takes my seven minutes to find and put on a pair of skinny jeans and a plain white tee shirt, and my converse which were shoved in the car underneath the passenger seat. Why were they there? I don't have a clue.

Grabbing my back pack I make a dash for my bus stop only to catch it driving away. Instead of running back home because I know no one will bring me, I pull my back pack over my head and start walking to school. Slowly it starts sprinkling and when I'm halfway there the clouds decide to let free the water trapped inside. I book it the rest of the way to school, the whole time wondering why I didn't grab a jacket.

I get to school five minutes late and the assistant at the front desk sends me to the iss room to fill out a late pass. That takes up ten minutes because a ton of people decided to be late today and I had to wait for all of them to sign in and fill out a pass.

Finally I get a pass and trudge my way to class, soaking wet and embarrased. I'm never this late to school.

I gently push open the door and flinch as it squeeks. Inside the class is quiet.

"Ah, Ms. Morison. I'm glad you decided to join us today," My language teacher Mr. Case says.

I bow my head and hand him my slip. "Sorry, I won't be late again."

"Take your seat. We are reviewing our worksheets from yesterday. And while you're at it welcome Kim Taehyung to our class."

Huh? Kim Taehyung doesn't sound like an English name and we never have new students, they always end up in other classes, never the one I'm in. My head perks up."Who?"

He hands me a stack of about 20 papers. "Hand these to him. He's an exchange student from Korea. I would've assigned you to show him around because you know korean and Chinese, but you weren't here so gave Bianca that job."

My eyes widen. I don't care if the dude is short, tall, hot, nerdy, rich or poor, he does not deserve to have Bianca as his guide. We used to be best friends, Bianca and I, but after her ex boyfriend started liking me in sixth grade she hated me. I never even dated him, he just liked me. Since then she has become good girl turned slut. And not to mention she is really bossy, demanding, rude, and sneaky. I hate her.

"But - he won't understand her and she can't translate for him," I say. Just then I decide to look for this Kim Taehyung.

"I know Kanichua," she loudly states from her front row desk.

I look in the desk next to her and find Taehyung looking confused. He is really good looking and looks rich. What even is he? He's not human that's for sure. Bianca will definetly call him hers and fall in love with him along with every other girl at this school.

I cringe at her pronunciation. "First of all, that's not korean. Dangsin-i doum-eul wonhandamyeon geu da-eum eon-eoleul baeul"

Her eyes spin as she try to think of what in the world that could possibly mean.

I notice Taehyung smiling I give him a nod and he gives a sly thumbs up. I grin knowing I owned Bianca. "So fine, be his guide, but you better learn Korean quick.

*The korean said "if you want to help him then learn the language" it may not be right though because I'm not fluent in the language and used Google translate.