To the future

89 Chapter 10: To the future
Hello guys! English, it is not my motherly language, I'm French so I apologize if there are some mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me where they are so that I can improve.

This is my first full length fiction, with chapters, I hope it will please you. It is a AU where Katherine Howard does not marry Henry and where Cromwell is spared. Instead of Katherine, Henry marries a french noble lady, on the advice of Cromwell.

I hope my little story will please you..

Sincerely
Marina Ka-Fai

XXXXXXXXX

The French Bride

Chapter10: To the future

It became an habit for Henry to join Marina whenever he had the occasion to do so. He loved to be with her. And he was impatient to see their babies, even if Marina was only at her third month of pregnancy. He took her for a walk, being very careful, he did not want het to lose their children. He found her as regal as ever, wearing a brown gown with a silver necklace. She greeted him with a smile, as she always did.

' Yesterday must have been hard for you. How are you feeling today, Sweetheart?'

' I feel very well, Husband. And I have had the pleasure of recieving our son, Edward. He thanks you for the gifts you sent him.'

Henry smiled. He loved his son deeply and imagining his smile on his face always made the king's day. Marina waited for the guards to be a bit away from them before explaining to the king what was going on with Edward. And it horrified the man. He felt terrible. Was he a bad father? He hurt his eldest daughter, neglected his second one and he made his son depressed. If he remained away from the boy, it was because he had business of state of course but, he feared to give him some illness since he was not healthy.

' What can I do ?' He asked to hiw wife

' He said that he desires to see you more, to spend time with you. Try to do things with him. I don't really know what though. He is too young to go on a hunt. Maybe you could play with him, go out with him, show him your realm. And talk to him. About Queen Jane.'

It was simple and yet it was certainly the most effective. He kissed his wife.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Charles visited the Queen's room. He bowed deeply to the young woman.

' Your Majesty, I have come as a future son-in-law to ask for his mother's blessing.'

It made Marina smile. She could be Charles' daughter!

' Arise Your Grace. I give you my blessing freely. As I give you my love. I just ask you to give to my dear daughter Mary the happiness she deserves.'

' I promise to Your Majesty that I will do the impossible for that.'

Marina understood a bit what was going on in Charles'mind. She listened to Court's gossip about heresy, religion, and the story of Charles' ex wife being a lutherian while her husband and stepchildren were catholics had shocked her. She understood that Charles would let Mary practicing her religion freely. And she had the desire to be a good queen when she arrived, so she learnt all that she could about the most important people at Court. She knew about Charles' past, how he made Wolsey fall, that he remained by Queen Catherine's side, his friendship with Eustace Chapuys. She knew that Mary would be happy with him.

' I trust you Your Grace. And so does my husband the king.'

' It honours me Your Majesty.'

XXXXXXXXXXXXX