My Saving Grace: Chapter 3

Concert time for the characters, guys! :-) Enjoy.

The person at the side is Carla Johannsen! Tell me, does she suit the part? :>

--------------------------------

Carla:

It's finally time for the concert! All of a sudden, the lights dimmed, and every single person in the crowd screamed. The five members of The Maine came up onstage, with Garrett last.

"ARIZONA! ARE YOU READY?" John shouts into a mic, making hIs voice bounce out throughout the walls of the venue. The crowd screams even louder in reply. Then Garrett speaks up, "All right! Let's do this!" Just the sound of his voice made my heart skip a beat. Oh God, I'm turning into a hopeless romantic all over again! Lord, help us all.

Even though this was my first concert, I've read up on what to do at them. Yes, I am that dorky. Apparently, you scream and sing until you become hoarse. Seems legit. I couldn't help singing along to every word of every song. And then it came down to the last two.

Garrett began to shush the crowd, a sign that he was gonna make a speech of some sort. Uh oh. Is this part of his evil scheme or.....

"So, what the fuck is up, guys?" He says. "This next song is probably my theme song, because it explains my whole life in four minutes. It's for one of my friends from when I was young. I always used to push her into the pool and tug on her hair. It may seem that I hate her, but deep down inside, I always knew that I liked her. When she and her family moved when I was seven years old, I was heartbroken. I missed her so much, I cried for a whole week straight and refused to go out of my room, despite my parents' pleas. And now that she's back, I'm never letting her go."

Wait, his words seem so familiar. Am I thinking what I think is happening?

Garrett blushed and says into the mic, "Carla Johannsen, this is for you." That is so swee--- Wait, WHAT? Did he just dedicate a song to me? On my first concert?

As the intro of Into Your Arms started playing, I felt liked I was falling.

Literally.

I slipped on the slightly wet ground (I do hope that's water.), and fell flat on my butt. Jia bent down instantly and asked me with wide eyes, "Holy crap, Carla! Are you okay? Phew, you're okay. If you haven't noticed, Garrett just dedicated a song to you! I knew it, I always did! I knew he liked you, but I never knew he liked you THAT much," And she continued rambling with no end.

"I didn't even know that he liked me," I mumbled. I felt like it was impossible for Garrett Daniel Nickelsen to like me.

Need an explanation?

First of all, Garrett is H O T. He's a perfect ten in probably anyone's eyes. Meanwhile, I'm short, my hair's too wavy, and my eyes were a dull gray-green. Second, he's famous. He's a band boy, duh. And I'm just a regular nineteen year old. And lastly, he's really sweet and brave enough to say those words that took my heart. I could never do that.

But even if I'm just some other girl in the world, I just hope that I can be Garrett's right girl.

Jia:

I don't believe this. Un-freaking-believable. Garrett just dedicated a song to Carla! If I could keyboard smash in real life, I would. I knew it. I always knew that they were perfect for each other. I'm so happy for them.

And I could tell that the lines fit her all-too-perfectly:

There was a new girl in town

She had it all figured out