My Saving Grace: Chapter 2

As usual, I will introduce yet another character. She is Jia Perez, does she suit the part? Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------

Carla's POV:

Whoa! I was just walking with Jia in the parking lot, when all of a sudden, this guy appears out of nowhere, and bumps into me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," He says as he turns around. As I regained my normal position, I look at the said guy, and his messy auburn hair looks way too familiar to me. Oh shit. Could this be...?

"Garrett Daniel Nickelsen? IS THAT YOU?" I say in shock. I bet he's gonna say my name in the exact same tone I used.

"C-carla Johannsen? Is that you?" I knew it. He's still the same Garrett I used to know.

I could feel the heat rise up to my cheeks, and I was 99% sure they were as red as tomatoes.

And then we just stood there, staring at each other and smiling. I know it may seem awkward to you, but it felt so right to be here. With him. Right now.

I could hear Jia and John talking to each other, but all I could see were the eyes of the guy I always hated, but loved at the same time. I caught myself staring at his perfect profile: his teal blue eyes, and his goofy smile, showing off his too-white teeth. He was so handsome.

But I can't help but wonder: Is he still the same guy who pushed me into the pool a million times a day? The one who always tugged on my hair, the one who insisted on giving me piggyback rides, the one who always called me 'fatty' and 'snot-face'? He seemed so different... So perfect.

All of a sudden, I heard two familiar voices shout out, "GARRETT!" "CARLA!" We jumped apart at the same time, as I shot the giggling couple a glare.

"Crap, they are so alike," said Garrett. "It's getting really creepy." I replied creatively, "Yeah."

"Hey," we said at the same time. Garrett and I laughed, and then he said "You go first." He had a huge smile on his face. I decided to play with him. "Nope, you do." And I stuck out my tongue at him.

Garrett pouted and said, "Fine. We should hang out tomorrow, you know." I raised my eyebrows. "As friends, I mean. With Jia and John." He ran his fingers through his hair awkwardly.

I felt really playful and childish. "Sure, Mr. Pouts-alot. Where to?" And I felt a smirk playing at my lips.

He pretended to look offended and he said, "Whatever, fatty! Hm, we should meet at Starbucks, it's just around the corner anyway, right?"

God, that boy really loves his coffee.

"Sure. Wanna exchange numbers so we could contact each other?" I smiled.

He looked so shocked when I asked that. "Uh, sure. See you tonight, Carla." He smirked as if he had something planned for me. What could it be?

As he and John left, Jia spoke to me, making me jump. " You really like Garrett don't you? I can tell by the look in your eyes."

Holy shit, is it THAT obvious? Well, I can't lie.

"Well, yeah. I do. He's so interesting and so fun to hang out with. I never knew I missed him this much," I admitted.

Jia shot me a skeptical look, and she said "Really? Hm, what was John thinkin'?"

What the hell did John say this time? "What did he say?" I demanded.

She held up her arms in surrender. "Whoa, calm down there, bronco! Never mind, maybe it was nothing anyway." Jia managed a smile.

John Cornelius O'Callaghan the Fifth, I swear I'm going to kill you.