2

I walked out of the bathroom and shut the door, peering downstairs. All I could hear now was the sound of laughter and happy chatter.

Something I've missed being able to do.

I've accepted it though. I've accepted that life isn't a fairytale, and I've accepted that you're lucky if you have a happy ending. Because happy endings don't happen to everyone.

People I've spoken to about this say it's sad that I've come to this realisation when I'm only 16.

I don't think that it's sad, I think that I've just got a better perspective and grip on reality than most teenagers who have the "life is great, live fast die young" motto in their head.

Happy endings don't exist in real life. They exist in movies and books.

I've gotten over with it. I'm okay with that fact.

I walked into my room and literally rolled into my bed. I'm skilled at doing that. I call it a talent.

I picked up my phone from my bed side table and felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach after I saw my lock screen.

Cal (12 missed calls)

Cal: I've called you so many times and you still haven't picked up. I told you that you have to pick up on the third ring. Do you want me to break up with you?

Cal: Do you want me to tell people how weak you are? Tell people the things you've done?

I let a small crystal like tear slip out of my eye. I agree with Cal, I am fúcking weak. Who cries over things like this? Not strong people, that's for sure.

I typed my pass-code into my phone with trembling hands and dialled Calum's number.

I held the phone to my ear, biting my lip, and feeling small traces of blood escape my lips.

"Please pick up. Please", I mumbled into my phone for what I felt like was the thousandth time. After the third ring, Cal hung up on me.

He was probably drunk, or having fun with his friends. Or with another girl.

I don't care if he's with another girl, he's been the only person here for me since my best friend Alice died. I owe everything to him.

I slipped on my underwear and put on some leggings and a long grey top, adjusting it in my full length mirror and making sure it fully covered my arms.

I dried my hair and put it up into a messy bun, and then applying a thin coat of mascara after I'd finish concealing the marks which never seem to fade on my cheeks.

I checked my phone again, just in case Calum had replied.

Nothing.

I grabbed it even so and made my way downstairs to find out who had come in while I was in the shower.

I effortlessly walked down the straight staircase and walked into the kitchen.

Straight away, I was met with a pair of the deepest blue eyes I had ever seen in my life.

"Hi, I'm Luke".

A/n: soo, you've finally found out more about my main character and her life! What do you think? Make sure to vote and comment, and add to your reading lists and libraries! I can't wait to share the rest of the story with you guys I'm honesty BUZZED!

Jess X