Lost

B E A

Shit.

We're two sets down and we're not doing well sa third set. I think we may just lose this one.

I heard the whistle. 2nd technical time out na.

Coach Tai reminded us of our plays and Jhoana sat next to me.

"Beh okay ka lang?" Jho inquired.

"Yeah. I just haven't been focused in this game." I said.

"Bakit? Ano bang iniisip mo?" She looked worried.

"Girls, huddle up na." Ate Ly called.

I gathered my thoughts and composure and stood up.

Let's do this.

. . . .

So we lost. Oh, well. I knew our mojo was off today; we just weren't clicking. It's okay, though. We still have another game on Wednesday. We can still bounce back, we just need to be more focused.

It was over but we were still in the arena. I looked over to the DLSU crowd as they chant their school hymn. My eyes fell on the girl in the blue uniform raising her fist with the rest of the green crowd.

I chortled as Jho came running back to me after the hymn was over.

"Traydor." I teased.

"Uy, hala hindi ah!" She smacked my face. "Syempre don't forget where you came from."

She hugged me again and I let my legs fold under her hold. This was natural to us; hugging, holding hands, and other sweet stuff couples do.

I noticed that lately, I feel a little bit uncomfortable when we do these things. I can't explain it, but ever since we faked being a couple, I feel more and more awkward with being clingy.

"Hey, your parents are waving at us. Kiss my cheek." Jho suddenly said.

"What?" I can feel my face reddening and I started to pull away from her hold. "Ayoko nga. Ew."

"Dali na! Arte mo, teh. Nagawa mo naman na eh." She tugged at my jersey.

I took a deep breath and I smacked her cheeks shortly while she still had her arms around me.

I can see that she was blushing but I didn't take much notice as my own cheeks were starting to redden, too.

Huh. I wonder why.

"Tara na nga sa dugout." Jho said as she dragged me out of the arena.

. . . .

"Jho, where will we eat dinner?" I said while texting on my phone. I'm writing to Kianna and telling her that she played really well kanina and she should bring her A game next Wednesday.

I looked up when Jhoana hadn't answered and I found her walking with my father ahead of me.

I just resumed texting and made a mental note that my folks treat Jho more like their own child now that we are "girlfriends". I actually thought it was slightly amusing.

. . . .

"Anong papanoorin natin?" Deanna asked.

Jho and I were busy getting snacks from the cabinets. We're going to have a movie night with D and we'll also sleep over at her room tonight because her roommate went home for the weekend and this little girl is such a scaredy cat.

Jho was busy texting so I answered.
"Ano bang meron ka?"

Deanna scrolled through her laptop as we filled the table with junk food and iced tea.