Chapter 1

It was the end of our senior year and Alex and I were still going strong. I couldn't believe it's been almost a year with him. He'd drive me to school every morning and hold my hand as we walked up to the school. He was just perfect. Not perfect as though he was flawless, but perfect to me in his own way. The way he held my hand ands pulled me closer just felt so right. Alex was the best thing to ever happen to me. My best friend Brie and her boyfriend Anthony came over to us every morning and we all walked in together. Soon the end of the year was approaching quickly like a horse in a horse race. We couldn't believe there was only a couple weeks left of our senior year. We also couldn't wait to be out of our school. People caused too much drama in it.
​     The year felt like it dragged on, but luckily it was finally the last week. Graduation practice was every morning and after a few hours of practice we could leave. We pick our walking partners the week before starting our practices so we got with our partners and started walking to our seats. Brie and I were walking partners and Alex and Anthony were walking partners. Alex would kiss my forehead as we walked to the stadium and I looked back and saw Brie and Anthony laughing and fake slapping each other.
     As the days of practice dragged on even longer than school did, it was our graduation day at last.
​Alex and Anthony seemed to be hiding something when they came up to us for graduation. As graduation went on, I got called up and Alex came up behind me and grabbed a microphone.
​     "Samantha Rose Boylan, will you marry me?" he asked with a smile on his face. I had tears in my eyes and shook my head yes. He stood up and hugged me and kissed me in front of everyone.