Chapter 1: Running Ideas

"Come on! It would be good for you to get out of that crazy place you call home! It would be just you and me on the road, no parents, no drama. So, what do you say? Want to go on a roadtrip?" Nate asked with his voice gleaming of happiness through the phone.

"I think I like that idea Nate. I'm gonna pack my stuff, start driving. And where are we gonna go?" I said with a laugh. I was excited! I'm 18 years old, so my parents have no say in what I can and cannot do!

"Its a suprise..but pack a bathing suite" He said. I know I can't see him through the phone but I knew he ws grinning..he's so inappropriate.. 

"Whatever" I said with a giggle 

"Okay, i'll be there in 10!" Nate said and then hung up the phone. I ran around my room gathering clothing, money, phone charger, shoes, etc. Ever since the 3rd grade, i've had the biggest crush on Nate. And now, i'm going on a road trip with him!

I went to the living room, where my parents were watching T.V. I still had to tell them where i'm going so that they don't go crazy like last time; (they created a missing persons file for me. I just went out to a party and I forgot to leave a note. Sue me!).

"Hey, mom and dad, um i'm going on a little road trip with Nate. That's okay with you guys, right?" I questioned hoping for the best.

" Oh, uh" my mom said startled and then looked to my dad "I suppose it's okay, but one requirement," my mom trailed off

" No, yeah! Of course! What is it?" I asked. Now normally, I wouldn't agree with "requirements", but they actually agreed. I don't want to ruin my chances

"You MUST call me EVERY night! Okay?" she asked

" You've got yourself a deal!" I exclaimed "I already packed my stuff, so now i'm just waiting." I said

I was constantly checking my phone too see if Nate texted, it has been about 15 minutes, he usually gets here in 10. I was starting to get worried for him. My phone buzzed. It was a text from Nate. It read :"Hey, i'm in your driveway. Come out when you can." It seemed a little to proper for Nate but I didn't think much of it. I grabbed my bag and ran out of my room shouting goodbye to my parents as I went through the front door. I saw Nate's car and went to it.

"Hey Nate!" I said opening up the car door

"Hey Mad!" He exclamed "You ready to go?" Nate asked as I got into the car.

"Yeah! Let's get this trip going!" I said closing the car door and buckling up.

        We decided to go to the furthest beach from my house..Which was fine by me. More time I get to spend with him. The entire ride there we just listened to music (We have the same taste so there were no issues) and spoke. It was relaxing. 

    It started to get late so i was getting tired. "If your tired, you can go to sleep" Nate stated

"No, I don't want you to be lonely" I said

"Mad, your right here. If i need something i'll just wake you up. Get some rest. Your gonna need it for tomorrow" Nate said and gave me a wink. 

I giggled and said, "You sure?" 

"Yes! Oh my god! Go to sleep Mad!" 

"Ok ok jeez" I said as I tried to get comfortable in my seat. When I did I looked out the window to help me doze off. Something about nature is so relaxing. The last thing I noticed before I went to sleep was a black bmw with a rusted hood, then I fell asleep.