Chapter 1•

< KAE'S POV >

If there is one word to describe me it would probably be...
Dangerous. Dressed in all black I make my way down the halls of the prison I attend. Or as certain people would like to call it, School.

I hated this place with EVERY fiber of my being. It smelt like books and ink and the stress that hovered above my head was thick enough to cut with a knife.

Long story short, I bounced around a few homes when I was young an mostly grew up in the foster home program. Those places fuck you up real quick.

I walk into class just a nano second before the bell rings and I take the seat next to some preppy guy. Most of this school was filled with people like him, since it's a private school.

Oh how did I afford to get in here you ask? Well, I may or may not have been quite lucky to have won some HYPOTHETICAL money from some HYPOTHETICAL gambling.

Why spend money on SCHOOL?! Why not Just vay-kay till the moon collides with the sun? Well, in case you Haven't noticed, money doesn't last forever. And sadly, the only way to get to good places is school. and the pieces of paper that they give you at the end to say that you just passed a bunch of bullshit and that you get to leave prison. But that "little bit of tree paper" is just the thing to propel you to a good job. Which means... money!

But hey, you can either go to school and work for the rest of your life THEN die workin your ass off or you can just work somewhere that you'll be able to live comfortably in a nice box or alley with just that loose change in your pocket. Either one we choose, fucks us over anyways.

Life is never going to be fair and there isn't much we can do about it. But it's worth a shot right?

Just then the bell rings and I realize that I just missed a whole lesson while thinking about cardboard boxes and illegal gambling. Oops.

Not that I could give a flying fvck.. I can bribe the teachers-just like I've been doing for the good couple years of school. Life goes on, but sadly I will not if I don't pass these classes.

I stand up from the chair in the classroom and make my way towards the door, just like the bunch of other trapped souls in this place. I've always hated this part. Everyone has someplace to go and something to do, while I'm sitting here thinking of what casino I'm going to hit when I'm making my way back to my hotel.

I slip the teacher a $50 dollar bill and give her the usual look, telling her with no words to make my report card look like I actually did something this year. Following the crowd of sticky and sweaty bodies, I make my way down the hall and out of the school, hoping to amuse myself at the local casino. Pros of living in Las Vegas.

I skate down the street walks on my board, sliding through the thick crowd like the wind and finding myself right where I want to be.

In front of a sweeeet lookin casino filled with rich people.

I ignore the crusty-ass men commenting about my ass and walk inside and rush to the bathroom.

I get inside and speed walk to the largest stall. I look around and then lock the door, putting my bag on the hook behind the door while unzipping it.

I pull out the red sparkly dress and the jewelry from the little plastic bag and slip off my clothes. I quickly slide on the dress and fix it.

I quickly put the jewelry on and pull out my shoes, money and adjust my makeup. I put on some skin colour sleeves in my arms and legs to hide my tattoos and make me look... more "mature"

Ugh. all this effort to look like something. I always hated this part. Making myself look like I am worth of something.. Like I come here only because I have nothing better to do then gamble and that I'm not here to save myself from living on the streets. But there are more... Unorthodox Ways of getting money, but I'm not complaining. Just saying.

I stuff my old clothes back in the black bag and hide it under the sinks. I check my appearance again and make my way back to where most of the magic happens.

I approach the roulette table, and already feel my stomach excitedly flipping.

a couple hundred rounds later, some successful and some not, I was still buzzing with adrenaline. it feels good to win almost a million dollars with pure 'luck and guessing'.

I went to the front lobby to cash out my money, and went to the bathroom to change. The club was closing soon so I had to hurry. I slipped everything off in the big stall and Changed back to myself. I quickly stuffed the "expensive" things back into my bag and walked out of the club. I grabbed my skateboard and started on my way home.

but I couldn't help but feel as though someone was watching me.