t h r e e

༝ ༝ ༝⠀༶⠀༝ ༝ ༝

⠀⠀⠀"You, what?" Brendan hissed into his phone, the device pressed so close to his ear he was sure it was permanently become attached to the skin if he didn't pull it away. "Drew, do you understand what you just did? Do you have any courtesy?"

⠀⠀⠀"Sorry, man, courtesy isn't my thing. Besides, I am doing you a favor. Don't worry, I'll be there in a little bit to keep you company. Run down that list, will you?"

⠀⠀⠀"Oh my God, who are you?"

⠀⠀⠀"Drew, your beloved neighbor. Also known as, your wingman of love. Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

⠀⠀⠀"Rethink that, please," Brendan sighed into the phone, bringing his fingers up to massage at his temples, a sudden throbbing headache making its way up to his mind. Drew really was a pain. A real pain in the ass. He could hear the green-haired boy chuckle from the other side of the line, and it's then that he decides he's going to give him a piece of his mind. Ending the phone call, he leaps from off of his mattress, flinging the nearby window upwards his little to none grace. It was like Drew already he was going to do such an action, he, too, lifting his side of the window.

⠀⠀⠀Placing his chin onto his palm, he leans out, a wry smirk playing his cheeks. Brendan scoffs at the knowing expression, propping his index finger up and gesturing it from one end of his neck to the other. "Are you asking for a death wish?"

⠀⠀⠀"Haha, sure am," Drew replied, smooth like a running stream. "But you wouldn't hurt me! In the end, I'm only trying to help my precious friend."

⠀⠀⠀Brendan sent another fiery, chocolate-colored glare, eyebrows knitting together in irritation too great to describe. He wanted to explain that no way in hell was he helping him, for it was more like he was destining him for failure and humiliation that would be difficult to overcome. And so he did, every word that came from his head escaping from his lips. Drew cackled louder than necessary, his voice echoing throughout the neighborhood and causing the people around them to stare. The brunet scrunched his shoulders together in hopes he could evade from the other male, but utterly failed when he began to speak.

⠀⠀⠀"You're so funny," Drew dragged out slowly with a hint of sarcasm. "Suck it up, buttercup. Your little lady's coming soon."

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, you mean the little lady that you invited to my house without my jurisdiction?"

⠀⠀⠀"Don't worry so much. I'll be there to protect your reputation with her later," Drew said as he pointed a finger at a certain brunette strolling down the sidewalk. His eyebrows wiggled, returning his gaze towards his friend. "There she is— go and get her, man!"

⠀⠀⠀Before Brendan could utter another word, the window sprang off of its hinges and fell shut on the green-haired male's side of the conversation. His jaw clenched along with his narrowing eyes, and he sighed. He could not believe what he had heard, and not to mention so cooly, but then again Drew was a carefree person and made rash decision despite the outcome. Heading down the staircase, his mother caught his movements, though didn't say a word as he rushed to the front door. As if on cue, the doorbell rang, and he was quick to march to the door and slightly open it.

⠀⠀⠀May timidly waved, "Hi, Brendan-Boo."

⠀⠀⠀"Hey, May," Brendan tried with confidence, a quivering smile radiating off of his lips. "Come on in."