chapter 3

Chapter 3

Alex pov

I knew Michael was staring at me as was walking down the hallway. I was tempted to shake my ass to see how he would react but I behaved. I opened the door to my new room and I let out a squeal. “What’s wrong?” Michael says noticing my squeal. “Oh nothing, it’s just it’s perfect.” I say smiling at him.

“Oh, I helped the dads pick out the color. I was hoping you liked them.” Michael says shyly.

“Thank you.” I say as I look around the room. It had a king size bed on one wall. The walls were royal blue and royal purple, and the comforter was the same colors. There was a TV and stereo in on corner with a couple of bean bags in front of them. Michael sat down on the edge of the bed as I looked at my room. I turned towards him. “Dad got you a new laptop and cell phone.”

I was shocked. “He didn’t need to do that; I could have used the computer at the library.”

 “Don’t worry about; the dads are generous like that. They want us to have the things they didn’t. I’m just going warn you they will expect you to keep your grades up and not get in trouble in school.”

“That is no problem there, I get A’s and I keep to myself at school.”

“Don’t you have any friends?” Michael asks, looking at me.

“Not really, I have a few people I talk to but I’m not really close to them.”

“Oh,” he says. “Well, you have one now.” He says as he gets up. He gives me a hug and walks out the room. No one has really hugged me before. I looked in the mirror above my dresser and I see that my eyes had turned a deep green. They have never turned that color before. Sure a light green but not a deep green. I think back to the hug again and realized that Michael held on longer than necessary. I smiled to myself as I lied done on my bed. I am going to like this family.

Michael’s pov

I went down stairs to find dad. I know Alex’s eyes are hazel but they were deep green when I hugged him. I’m talking almost forest green. The only person I know that has eyes like that is Tristan. “Dad!” I yell as I hit the living room. “Kitchen and don’t yell.” He calls back yelling. I walked into the kitchen.

“You just yelled why can’t I?” Dad turned around and smiled. “Because I said so. How does Alex like his room?”

 I smiled. “He loves it. He let out a little squeal when he saw it.”

“Cool.” He says. “Dad, can I talk to you about something?” I say sitting beside him at the table. “Sure son, is something wrong?”

“No not really,” I say with a sigh, “I gave Alex a hug and when I let go and looked at his eyes they were a deep green.”

“Almost a forest green?” dad questions.

 “Yeah, I figured I ask you about it, since you’re the only one I know whose eye does that.”

Dad thinks for a moment. “Let’s not say anything to him right now, let him come to us about it first.”

“Okay dad” I say giving him a hug when I pull back his eyes are a deep green, just like Alex’s. I wonder why.

Tristan’s pov

I was thinking about what Michael told me. I know my eyes change color according to my mood. I guess Alex’s does too. As far as I know it runs in the male side of my family. Maybe he is a cousin down the line or something. I think I will look in to it a little more to find out if he is kin. I know I have a brother out there somewhere. Wouldn’t it be something if Alex was Sky’s son? I would love that, I already love that boy like my own child.

“Hey honey bear, what do you want for supper?” Jon says as he walks in the room.

“Let’s go out to eat.” I say giving him a kiss. “Sure, I’ll tell the boys.”

“Before you go, guess what I found out?” “What?” he asks intrigued. “Alex’s eyes change color like mine.”

 Jon has a shocked look on his face. “Really, how did you find out?”

 “Michael gave him a hug and noticed when he pulled back.”

 “Cool, maybe he is a kin to you.”

“I wonder if Sky has any kids.” Jon thinks for a few seconds and a smile pops on his face. “Let’s find out, we can hire that friend of yours that is a P.I. Plus we can look for Alex’s folks too. That way if he asks we can tell him.”

I think for a few moments. “I will call Kevin in the morning.” I say giving him a hug. “I’ll go get the boys.” Jon jumps up. I watch him go, I’m so lucky to have him.