28

seasons had passed by, and it was finally time for the night-time summer festival.
soojeong had taken this opportunity to take her friends out to none other than japan–a gesture of friendliness and gratitude.
and the acceptance of the new person she had become.

of course, everyone had bothered to wear a yukata,
except for soojeong.
once the evening was almost over, and candy floss sticks were scrambled all over the floor in a heaping pile, the teens decided to go their separate ways.
yoora, haneul, chunhwa, hoseok, jungkook–even jimin and yoongi had tagged along.

most had already left, except for jungkook and soojeong.

"soojeong! just ask him if he'd like to watch the fireworks with you! it'll be great, you'll look so cute!" soojeong cringed greatly at the memory of her mother's never ending talk about her looking adorable in a yukata. the fireworks were set to showcase in an hour–but that wouldn't be enough time to get ready, in her mother's terms.

she nudged his shoulder with her own, and he peered down at her moonlit features.

"want to see the fireworks?" she asked him.

"yeah. i'll meet you at the shrine." jungkook was more enthusiastic than she thought he would be, he even dashed off to get himself prepared for their meet up–he didn't forget the kiss he was set to mark on her cheek.

"it's written in the scriptures." he had told her once before.
she laughed to herself.

。。。

she was standing in front of a full body mirror, her mother standing behind her, tweaking parts of her hair into the right placesーor so she thought.
soojeong looked like a porcelain doll, her face was sprung to life and her modernised yukata brought the whole outfit to completion.

she was late
very late.

the silky cloth of the yukata wasn't very aero dynamic–it was extremely hard and uncomfortable running in it, basically.
when she had reached the, now-empty, shrine, the hair her mother had been fiddling with for thirty minutes had been whipped by the wind that allowed her to run so fast, she looked just a little bit crazy.

jungkook caught sight of her, and he suddenly forgot how to breathe. he had never seen her look so
feminine.

they didn't even bother to exchange words.
he took her in his embrace
and kissed her passionately, she didn't hesitate to accept it.

there was even the last crackle of an illuminating firework,
just for them.