29

hoseok slapped her hand away that had slowly began to move toward his face.

"i said no, jihyun." he repeated sternly, his heart thudding in his chest that almost made him feel nauseous.

the girl stomped her feet and shoved him without a care.

"if you're not willing to punish me then i'm leaving you!" she screeched.

"i refuse to hit you, jihyun."

"fine then."

she bumped shoulders with him as she harshly darted past him with false, shallow pools of tears in her eyes.

he felt nothing; a recurring feeling that seemed to be his only emotion in his, now, solemn soul. it was unexpected from hoseok, as he seemed to be anything but sad or melancholy.

but he couldn't help it–the aftermath of being mentally lonely, yet not necessarily alone.

with this in mind, he began to walk down the street, toward no destination in particular.

he had bumped into a presence.
when he had looked up, the person was unfamiliar to him, even though he had heard of him he had never seen him before.

"watch yourself." the rugged voice spoke, but didn't move.
their hood was up yet their face wasn't hidden from hoseok's view.

"taehyung?"

taehyung flinched and intuitively pulled down his hood.

the sun was beginning to set.

"who are you?"

"hoseok. jung hoseok." the caramel haired boy told him.

taehyung noddedーhe furrowed his eyebrows when he took a closer look at hoseok's face.

"why are you sad?" he asked.

"a girl."

he scoffed, and he seemed to move closer to him.

"you're so obviously lying."

hoseok knew he was.

"well, why do you think I'm sad?" hoseok quizzed the boy.

"i don't know
-but it doesn't suit you."

taehyung smiled a smile which represented a cute box, while hoseok's lip twitched.

"smile. go on."

for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to do it–not in front of taehyung.

he shook his head and looked down; or anywhere but him.

"i've seen you smile before, it's nice, y'know." his voice was curved upwards affectionately.

taehyung grinned one last time and made his way towards wherever he was headed.

hoseok was stuck in his frozen hourglass.
he didn't smile,
but he blushed.