Dare Devil

Taylor lay down on her bed in the Ostroff Centre bored out of her mind. Today was the Waldorf Sleepover/ Dan and Serena's second date. But of course, Taylor had to stay in the confines of her room.

Her phone rang. "Have you seen Erik?" Serena blurted. "Well, hello to you too." Taylor retorted sarcastically. "Seriously just answer the question." Serena begged. Taylor sighed. "Jenny came by to visit him, Blair was there too. Why?" Taylor replied.

"Thanks." Serena replied brightly before hanging up the phone. Taylor raised an eyebrow. Would Jenny and Blair really go as far to break Erik Van Der Woodsen out?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So Taylor how are you today?" Taylor's therapist asked politely. Taylor rolled her eyes. "Well, my social life is being stolen from me as we speak. So marvellous." Taylor replied sarcastically.

"Taylor, you won't be able to go back home if you don't open up. We need to know what happened." The therapist told Taylor sternly. Taylor snorted. "How sweet. We both know either way, I'll be stuck here for 6 more months." Taylor sneered.

"Please Taylor, darling. What happened?" Anne Archibald asked desperately. "I still can't believe you're Vice President of the Parent Committee. You don't even know what your own daughter's doing." Taylor snapped.

"Taylor, don't be rude to your mother. Your mother and I have raised you without an ounce of your respect." Howie replied sternly. "Yes well look where your parenting techniques ended me up." Taylor retorted dryly.

"We're trying to help you." Nate sighed. "Like you're trying to not hurt Blair? You're doing an excellent job, Nathaniel." Taylor sneered sarcastically at him. "You know I didn't mean to." Nate replied annoyed.

"As I said. Excellent job Nathaniel." Taylor replied boredly. "Don't be rude to your brother either. Nathaniel is a very good boyfriend to Blair, I'm sure." Howie snapped at his daughter.

Taylor laughed bitterly. "Why don't you tell that to my dear ole brother's wandering penis?" Taylor retorted. "That's not true. Is it son?" Howie asked. "I think we should get back on track." The therapist said calmly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, after what felt like a thousand years to Taylor, the session was over. There was a knock on her room door. "Come in." Taylor replied exasperated. Probably her therapist again.

"H-hey Taylor." Replied the familiar voice of Serena Van Der Woodsen. Taylor sat up. "You find Erik?" Taylor asked boredly. "Yeah. He's back where he belongs. For now." Serena smiled.

"I wish I could say the same." Taylor muttered. Serena chuckled. "So how's Lonely Boy's new lady?" Taylor drawled boredly. "I'm good. Just... Exhausted." Serena sighed.

"I suppose you mean with life." Taylor suggested. "So you never said why you were here." Serena said changing the subject. "Bleeding to death on a motel floor is a pretty good reason." Taylor retorted rolling her eyes.

"Right." Serena muttered. "They still don't know how or why. No one ever will." Taylor shrugged. "Well, you are good at keeping secrets." Serena smiled.

"Although that's not always a good thing." Serena added. "You only say that because I keep them from you and B." Taylor retorted. "I guess." Serena shrugged.

"I really did miss you when I was gone, T." Serena told her sincerely. "That makes one of us. I was much too busy coming to terms with my fate as a Ostroff patient." Taylor sneered.

Serena sighed. "Of course." Serena replied. "Anyway, any reason for this abrupt visit?" Taylor hissed. "Just wanted to say hello." Serena told her. "I think you've ticked that box. You may have over stayed your welcome." Taylor retorted.

"Maybe." Serena shrugged siting down next to her. "But maybe you're too proud to admit you don't mind me being here." Serena finished smiling. "Or maybe I want to watch 'Friends' in peace." Taylor retorted.

"It's always better to watch with someone else." Serena laughed. "Shouldn't you be with your brother?" Taylor retorted. "This was actually his idea. He wanted to talk to Mom." Serena replied.

"My bestie betrayed me?" Taylor asked raising an eyebrow. "Hey! I'm your best friend too." Serena laughed. Taylor made a face. "Whatever you say, Van Der Woodsen." Taylor chuckled.

"You're mean." Serena pouted nudging Taylor's shoulder. "Wouldn't have it any other way. Would you?" Taylor replied grinning. "Of course not." Serena smiled.

"Let's watch 'Friends' before I have the urge to buy you a friendship bracelet." Taylor sneered picking up her laptop. Serena laughed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taylor sleepily hugged Serena. "Let's play a game." Taylor suggested. "What kind of game?" Serena asked smiling. "I don't know. I was hoping you would have an idea." Taylor muttered into Serena's neck.

Serena laughed. "Truth or Dare?" Serena asked. It was an overplayed game but it was the first thing she thought of. "Truth." Taylor yawned. "Have you ever been in love?" Serena asked.

Taylor smiled sleepily. She was too tired to reply with a witty response. "Who says I'm not still?" Taylor whispered. It was quiet, Serena almost didn't hear it.

Serena smiled. Taylor had a way of revealing things she'd never otherwise admit to when she sleepy. "Who's the lucky guy?" Serena asked excitedly. "Hey! You can only ask one question." Taylor whined.

Serena laughed. "It's your turn." Serena told her. Taylor didn't reply. Serena frowned in confusion. Then she looked down at Taylor. Taylor had her eyes closed and her features softer than they ever were awake.

Serena smiled and stroked Taylor's hair softly.