A new face

It's been seven years since we defeated Ravena and I took my place as queen...

 Since then, the kingdom has prospered, the land has healed, the people are healthy and safe. Mostly the kingdom is happy. I've given the dwarfs their old job back, they are noble miners with other dwarfs I've gotten to know. I named all the women, who helped me and Eric, ladies of the queen. I truly am supposed to be happy. I have all these good people surrounding me. On  the contrary, I've never felt more alone.

A year after we defeated Ravena, Eric, the huntsman, left the castle with his wife still in mind. I couldn't make it work between William and I. All we've ever been and could be are friends. I love him, but I am not in love with him. Eric thought it was best if he left, to let us be alone. He was forever wrong. I could never have a life with William by my side and be happy. The night he left I couldn't stop him, he looked miserable and I knew he was a free soul. What he didn't ever know was that the spell Ravena once cast on me, was a curse that only a true love's kiss could have lifted. Even though, I was told William kissed me, it was Eric's kiss who had woken me. I saw him leave the room when my eyes opened. So with a sore heart, I let him leave, I've only ever wanted for him to be happy. He deserved it.

Three years after the spell was lifted, the mirror started playing with my head. It told me one important thing, though. I could only have a king by my side if he was my one true love, if not it was best to rule alone or the land will die again. William proposed several times and I declined, he didn't know what had the mirror told me aside from killing.

Four years later, the mirror was stolen. It took a lot of mental strength to do it but, I had to send William for Eric. He was the only one who could retrieve it, he was the only one who knew the dark woods. I was relieved to know he agreed when William came back. I've sent two of the best dwarfs  I had with him. If the mirror fell to the wrong hands, like the Winter queen, we could lose everything. I've been waiting anxiously up until now for his return.

The doors opened and in came William, behind him was Eric, walking towards me but not alone. He was walking hand in hand with a woman. She was very beautiful, creamy skin, bright eyes and long red hair. His voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Snow", he breathed in front of me with the woman by his side.

I took a breath as I stared at him. If anything he had become even more handsome.

"Eric" I breathed my heart pounding hard in my chest.

"It's been long huh?" He smiled.

"Long enough, I was eighteen, you were twenty. I mean  its been seven years" I agreed.

He looked at me frowning and let his gaze fall. He cleared his throat before he started talking again.

"This is my wife, Sarah" he said and my eyes widened. He said she was dead, unless this was his new wife.

I was going to question it when he spoke again

"She was never dead, the Winter queen made us believe each other that. We reunited seven months ago because, she escaped from her. We have destroyed the mirror and both queens are dead" he explained.