I Would

Harry

Drive.

I followed my instincts and stomped on the gas pedal, harshly. I backed up my car, and started driving away from the mob of people. As I drove, I noticed a familiar girl, waving her arms, and frantically trying to catch my attention.

Skyler?

I looked at her, and she pointed at the pink purse she was holding. My pink purse. I quickly realized that she was trying to return my belongings, and I turned my car towards her. Understanding my intentions, the fans trampled her, and she went under. Furious, I honked my horn, startling the girls. I quickly opened the car door, grabbed her arm, and she hopped into my car.

“You...forgot,” panted Skyler, “your...purse.”

“Thanks, Sky, I owe you one.” I replied, tossing the purse into the backseat.

“Harry, I love you!” said a girl. Her voice was muffled, thanks to the closed window, but I heard her.

“A picture?” asked another fan.

“Harry, is that your girlfriend?” asked a third.

I saw myself open the car window, and answered the girl.

“Yes, she is!” I yelled, before speeding away.

Skyler looked at me, shocked.

“Why did you say that?” asked Skyler.

Why did I say that?

“I just wanted, um, them to know about your, um, acting.” I stuttered.

“Bloody hell, Harry.” answered Skyler, “Now they won’t ever leave me alone.”

I stared straight ahead, not looking at her.

“Why’d you have to say it?” persisted Skyler.  

"B-Because," I stuttered, "I want-t you to-to"

"To?" asked Skyler, impatiently.

I cleared my throat, and tried again.

"Will you go out with me?"