Na Na Na

Harry

“Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome onboard Britisher Airlines B200 flight to Barcelona. Flying time to Barcelona is one hour and fifty-six minutes. Meals and refreshments will be served during the flight.” blared a female voice, from the speakers above my seat.

“I actually can’t believe we didn’t get mobbed this time!” whispered Liam, dressed in faded jeans, a black hoodie and black sunglasses.

“Tell me about it.” I replied, dressed equally as disguised.

I looked past Liam’s shoulder, and saw my other three friends, Niall, Louis and Zayn sitting in the middle row. I noticed that both, Niall and Louis, were already fast asleep, leaving Zayn in his own world of movies and smelly feet.

“Honestly, when is this aeroplane taking off? I’m dying, here, Harry!” whined Liam, looking tired and hungry, “I paid a lot of money for-”

“Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. If you haven’t already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the se-”

“Finally, we’re getting somewhere!” interrupted Liam.

“Shut up.” I said, glaring at him, “Please.”

Our conversation ended, and I turned my attention back to the flight attendant.

“- minal charge, with our compliments. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. Thank you!” finished the speaker, and I turned back to Liam, but instead, found myself staring at a snoring body. It figures.

For the next half hour or so, I tossed and turned in my uncomfortable seat, hoping to find slumber. Finally, I felt myself drift off, only to be awoken by another voice.

“Excuse me?”

I groaned, and rubbed my eyes. I looked beside me to see a girl, a gorgeous girl, looking at Liam. I stood up, and noticed that his leg was in the middle of the aisle, slightly blocking the path.

Apologetically, I slapped him, making him jump up in fright. When he saw me, his expression darkened, but I gestured the girl next to him, and he dropped the frown.

“My bad.” he said, winking at her, “Sorry!”

She giggled, and gave me one last look, before she continued her way, down the aisle.

“You know her?” asked another voice, farther away from Liam and I.

“Nope, I’ve never seen her in my life.” I replied, “You got some drool there, Niall.”

We both laughed, as he wiped his face.

“Wouldn’t want that on tomorrow’s front cover!” joked Niall, making us laugh even harder.

*

“Thank you for choosing Britisher Airlines, and have a great day!”

The boys and I left the plane, avoiding all crowds, if possible. Every once in a while, a fan would come up to us, ask for an autograph or even a picture, and would walk away, in cloud 9, but other than that, we walked through the airport with no trouble.

“Good afternoon, sir." greeted a middle-aged man, in a suit, "Nice to meet you!"

"Likewise." I said, not wanting to be rude, but wanting to get to my hotel room, as soon as possible. I climbed into the car, followed by my other four bandmates. After four more brief ice-breaking conversations, I rested my head against the window, and slowly, I drifted off into a deep slumber.