Obligated

I ran. Each step made a slight noise against the marble floor. The child held in my arms let out a small cry of pain as I squeezed her a little to hard against my chest. 

"GET HER!" He yelled from above the stair case. 

A small shriek escaped my lips. Obviously he wouldn't have just let his most prized possession to be stolen away into the night never to be found again.

I ran faster. The child in my arms made little compliant as I ran throughout the marbled house edging towards its magnificent wooden doors. 

Before I reached the door his melodious voice reached my ears, "Do not let her escape with the Child!" His voice was almost pleading yet there was a hint of worry behind it. 

I opened the large wooden doors before a figure emerged from the corner. He was male, obviously built for tasks such as these. I dodged his attack and carefully kept the child bundled in my arms away from his reach. 

I managed to slip my small frame through the small opening of the door and run into the warm summer air.  I didn't stop to let the breeze play with my forest brown hair. One look at the bundle in my arms told me I had to keep running.

I heard the faint howls of wolves and the odd snarl of those who had know learned that I had taken the baby. I let out a hearty laugh as a dark wolf leaped into my path.

"You think I did not see this coming?" My cockiness was becoming clear in my voice and the wolf let out a slow warning growl.

"Ha! a puny wolf things that they can take on that of a she-wolf?" My voice wavered a little knowing if I fought the wolf the baby would not survive. It  needed me though only for a second longer.

Without warning the wolf attacked. Its movements were prepared and obviously he was a trained fighter. I dodged just making it out of his reach towards my neck. His body quickly turned to face me but not before I let out the silent breath I had been holding escaped my lips.

I knew the moment had come the moment I released my daughter to her family was the moment I died I was just glad that the one thing I gave to her was a fine family who I knew would take care of her.

I came up to the wolf, he bowed his head slightly and I knew instantly who it was, Jay.

"Take care of her Jay, make sure they treat her right," I smiled wiping away a stray tear.

He nodded and I slowly took my last breath before nothing but a peaceful white took over my sight. 

***************************************************************************

SO GUYS AND GIRLS WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?! HMMMMM!?!?! LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD CONTINUE I WILL PUT UP ANOTHER CHAP AND LET YOU DO THE TALKING, THANKS FOR READING,

 COURTNEY!