07 | Fanmeme

This month's Fanmeme is about the one and only; Grover Underwood. The satyr is a great and well written character; he is wonderful and has a large role in the books. However, he is often sadly forgotten by the fandom. So, this article is dedicated to the terrific Grover.

Grover Underwood is loved character that has been forgotten. The fandom, unfortunately, constantly forgets about him. He's mentioned very rarely in fan fics. He is only mentioned to move the plot along, and then he's back to 'I Don't Exist Apparently Land'. He should be written as the great character he is and get as much love as any other character. He should at least get the recognition he deserves. The fandom treats Grover - whenever he's mentioned - like a political topic; used to sound smart, but nothing is ever executed or done about it. People will talk about how he isn't given enough credit and how underrated he is, but they don't do anything about it. There aren't many things dedicated or done for him. We need to start practicing what we preach. Start Grover appreciation posts. Stop saying and start doing! The littlest of things can help as well. After all, trying is better than nothing. It's time to start remembering Grover.

If you have forgotten, Grover is Percy's best friend. Percy was very protective of the satyr. He loved Grover regardless of everything. Percy helped Grover when Nancy or anyone else picked on him. Percy wasn't the only one that was protective of their best friend. He also wasn't the only one that helped and saved the others. Grover saved Percy as much as Percy did for him. He helped Percy while he was fighting with Hyperion and encased the Titan in a tree! He saved the entire camp in Battle of the Labyrinth with his panic cry. While not being as a big of a part as he was in the original series, Grover played his part in Heroes of Olympus as well. In Blood of Olympus, Grover led the nymphs and satyrs into battle. Grover was willing to fight to the end with his best friend. Not to mention Grover and Percy are connected by an empathy link! Grover and Percy surely are great friends, and Grover is always willing to fight for the good fight.

Grover is a character with great talent, ability and is pure good. He is sweet and incredibly hilarious. Remember that time he wore a wedding dress and pretended to marry Polyphemus? Or perhaps the time he constantly drank coffee in hopes he would find Pan? Grover has done what others have failed to do; he found Pan! He tries his best to help everyone and he's always cheerful and upbeat. He was chosen by Pan himself and became Lord of The Wild. Grover also has a position on the Council of Cloven Elders; a position Dionysus himself gave to Grover. He wasn't physically there, but in Mark of Athena, he helped Annabeth when she sprained her ankle. She remembered what Grover taught her once at camp. At first she thought it was silly but then changed her mind. Grover helped Rachel in House of Hades. He escorted her to the Roman camp and was there to protect her. He found all of the Big Three kids! Well, the Greek ones. He found many demigods. All of them had great roles in the wars and would have never been able to do anything if Grover hadn't found them. He found Annabeth, Thalia, Luke, Percy, Nico, and Bianca. Even when Luke was dying, he said Grover was the best satyr he ever knew.

Can we all agree that Grover Underwood is a cinnamon roll of a character and deserves so much more recognition? Sure, everyone can have their favourites but can we say that Grover is just as good? Grover is a much better character than we give him credit for. He is a brave, fantastic, and phenomenal satyr. He is willing to sacrifice himself for his friends. So let's all raise a glass to Grover!

Hey, I would also like to give this time to talk about Orlando. My love goes out to my community, victims, and the families. Stay strong guys.

This is the Memester signing off!

xϽiL^