Ogygia

I was exhausted from days of traveling and coming back to life. Who knew dying would be so draining. I was half asleep on Festus's back when it came into view. Ogygia appeared on the horizon and my heart leapt. She was down there, she was so close, I was going to keep my promise, I was going to free her. After so much waiting I was finally going to see her again.

I guided Festus down to the beach where I could see a new dinning table set out laid with china. But something went wrong and Fetus started to malfunction his gears sparking and whirring, that's when he went into a free fall. I did my best to aim for the beach as Festus fell from the sky in a ball of steaming metal. We hit the beach hard landing once again directly on Calypso's dinning table. It exploded sending shrapnel everywhere, pieces of the mahogany dinning table and shards of delicate china flying in every direction.

I staggered off of Festus's back and to my feet. The moment I was up and standing steadily I started to examine Festus but a low moan caught my attention and I turned around to see Calypso staring at me her eyes wide with shock.

I started to run towards her planning to sweep her into my arms and kiss her but something stopped me dead. Her expression was full of agony; I looked down and realized that her white tank top was rapidly turning crimson. One of the table's legs had broken off when we crashed and it had gone flying directly into Calypso's chest.

Calypso looked like she wanted to say something to me, she started to open her mouth and then promptly collapsed. My heart started beating again as I rushed towards her barely catching her limp body before it hit the sand; I carefully lowered her to the ground cradling her small frame in my arms.

"Hey Sunshine," I said through my tears.

She managed to open her eyes, "Leo." She raised a trembling hand to my face to cup my cheek, "You came back for me."

"I promised you I would."

A single tear traced itself down her cheek, "I love you."

Her hand dropped and the light faded from her eyes leaving her still in my arms, her heart had stopped beating, she was dead. I started to sob burying my face in her caramel colored hair, this was all my fault. I destroyed everything I touched. Everyone I loved, everyone who loved me, they all died because of me. I was poison to anyone who was foolish enough to love me.

"I love you," I said through my sobs, she was gone forever and it was all my fault.

It was right then that I swore on the River Styx that I would never love anyone ever again.