s k i n n y b o y s | t r e s

s k i n n y  b o y s

| u n e d i t e d |

    she was out of breath the rest of that week. she felt like life was relentlessly leaking out of her. peaches felt drained and longed for her inhaler. although her asthma was like a storm, making her wheeze and cough frequently, she didn't dare tell her parents, she feared punishment.

"you have been coming in for albuterol every day of this week. are you sure this is normal?" the school nurse questioned. her crinkly eyes squinted being a little suspicious.

peaches floundered in her seat feeling an agitated sigh escape her dainty lips. she had been coming in the nurses office more then often that week. probably the skinny boy's fault. he had taken away her rescue inhaler making her tremble and making her breaths sore and short.

           "i'm fine nancy, autumn is usually the season where my asthma gets a little worked up," she implored, twirling a strand of her brown locks between her finger tips.

     "alright peaches what ever you say." nancy grinned.

peaches felt uneasy, her parents were growing suspicious and curious about her queer behavior. was it the fact that she would communicate less or was it that she'd lock herself up in the room all day trying to decipher many conspiracy theories and binge read joshler fan fictions. she didn't even know the reason.

       the door swung open creaking a unsettling ruckus making her jump in her seat. her thoughts scattered away making her mind process another arising problem. she cringed as the person that stumbled in was helpless and sagging. their groans were more than evident and blood curdling. it was an appalling scene and left her horrified.

     he staggered inside, his limbs were barely holding him up. he was blanketed with injuries and self hate. blood was lining his forehead and would trail down to his chin.

      she gasped, flinching as she studied his damaged features. his bottom lip, was severely cut deeply and his cheekbones were bruised horribly.

she instantly stood up gripping ace's forearm trying to steady him. he swayed almost losing his footing but she held him up in a heap.

      "what happened?" she pondered. her eyes gapped at him with a glint of fear.