Chapter 3

I've been laying on my bed listening to Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab on repeat all day. Micheal and my parents keep trying to talk to me but I just ignore them. I'm having dinner with my new neighbors in less then an hour. And to be honest I'm looking forward to it, only because I haven't eaten since 6 in the morning and I'm starving.

I mean I've gone a month without eating at one point but that was like 2 months ago.

"Hey, Cutie! Do you want to turn that down?!" I just barely heard his yelling over the music.

I walk over to my window to see my blond neighbor on the tree between our houses. I slowly undo the latch and open my window.

"Why should I?" I ask leaning on the window sill.

"Because it's kinda hard to fill out papers with it playing." He says climbing through my window.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?!" I practically yell at him.

"Relax, Sweetheart. I'm only doing this because it's kinda hard to talk with a window between us." He looks around my room. "You like Blink-182?"

"Um... yeah why?" I ask curiously sitting in my desk chair.

"What your favorite song?" He sits on the edge of my bed.

"Will you please just leave?" I ask, hoping if I'm nice he'll leave. But he doesn't, he just gets up and continues to look around my room.

Next thing I know he's in my bathroom. "Shit!" I yell. "Stay out of there!" Only I'm too late.

"Why do you have blood covered blades in your bathroom..?" He ask slowly with concern laced in his voice as he turns around with them in his hands.

"No reason." I try to take them from him. Key word TRY.

He puts them on the counter, but only to turn around and get my arms.

^Luke's POV^

As soon as I even touched her arms she jerks away. Only I dont let her completely pull away from me. Letting go of one of her wrists I move the brackets on her other arm. My eyes widen at what I see. Why would someone so cute want to hurt themselves?

"Why?" I ask looking her in the eyes. She doesn't answer me, only looks down at her bare feet. "Hey," I say lifting her chin so she looks at me, "who made you do this to yourself?"

"My ex-boyfriend."

Oh god, she's going to cry. I pull her into a hug, even though I don't know why.

We sit there for what seems like hours, but it's only a few minutes. She doesn't cry but I can tell she really wants to. Finally I pull away, very little though, just enough to look into her eyes.

"It's going to be okay. I promise." I whisper into her ear, "We'll talk later, I've got to get reddy for dinner." I place a soft kiss on her cheek before standing up and walking to the window.

"You shouldn't make a promises you can't keep." She says before I get the chance to climb out the window.

"I can keep it." I state with a smirk. "We'll continue this conversation later." And with that I was out the window, over the tree and back in my room. I turn around to take one last glance and see that the girl next door sitting on the floor, finally crying. My heart breaks, I really can't stand to see this beautiful girl cry and hurt herself. I just can't.