Todd 1

[Todd]

y'know when you wake up from a sleep so deep, one that you can't remember going into? Y'know that feeling when you think 'That was a long sleep!' and then you realise that you have been asleep for seconds? Maybe not seconds, but not very long, anywho. You try to remember if you had any dreams while you were asleep, and when you think they are just within reach, they rush away again. You think you can remember bits and peices, but when they all fit together, they make no sense? And then you wonder; 'what was i doing all that time?' Did i sleeptalk? Do people really have dreams all the time, but they just can't remember them? How can you forget something that only happened a few hours ago? or was it seconds ago? Weeks ago? Years ago? And then you get all muddled up, and angry?

It was like that when i woke up, but i weren't awake. It was all dark. In the tunnel. I could hear her...

(viola?)

She was next to me. The tunnel weren't so long no more, The echos were less... Echoey. And then she spoke...

(Viola?)

And she said: "Good morning, Todd." And she put her hand on my cheek... I could feel her!

(Viola?!)

And then she said "Time to wake up Todd" but she didn't move her hand.

(Viola!... Viola?)

And i remember... Like my ma used to do when i was a baby, and i didn't want to get out of bed. Shed stroke my cheek... My ma.... an' i could feel myself going back into the dark, back through the tunnel, but i could still hear...

(Viola!!!)

No! I can't i can't go back! I gotta fin' her!

(Viola! Help me!)

I can see the light! i can see...

"Viola?"