Chapter Three: The Fight

Sierra's p.o.v~

We got off the boat and we were now in a cab, taking us back to our neighborhood. Grayson held my hand and kissed it making me blush of course. It was 9:00 and I didn't want this date to end.

"You wanna come to my place?" Grayson asked still holding my hand. He basically read my mind. There's one problem though. Ethan.

"I'm not sure Ethan would like that." I said scratching my neck and looking to the side. He hates my guts. I feel bad for him though.

"He's in an emotional state right now." He said let going of my hand and looking down.

"No one can help him." He said looking out the window, basically holding back his tears.
I scooted closer to him as he still looked out the window and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. He'll come through eventually. I've been through that before." I said quietly remembering what happened to me last year. I had a boyfriend and I wanted to go to his house to surprise him on his birthday. But instead he had another surprise that beat me to his room. My heart was broken for a long time. I was really hurt. But Ashley helped me through it and that's how I became the person I am now. I did crazy ish and got a tattoo on my side which I did regret but now it's dope when I look at it.

Grayson looked at me causing me to get off his shoulder and face him.

"You have?" He said furrowing his eyebrows. He actually looked mad. I nodded and in response he covered his face with his hands and his elbows were leaning on his legs.
"You don't deserve that feeling." Grayson muttered.

"Ethan doesn't either." I said, my voice cracking. Was I really about to cry? I can't.

"How about I tell you everything that happened to me at your place?" I said breaking the silence as I looked out the window and wiped my tear. He nodded and hugged me for the rest of the ride.

~~~

We arrived to the apartment building at 10:20 and we went into an elevator, Grayson choosing floor number 5. The elevator ride was silent, and so was the walk to his apartment door. As soon as he unlocked the door and opened it, the smell of smoke hit me hard. I pretended like I didn't smell anything and continued walking. Ethan was sitting on the couch in the living room smoking. Empty beer cans were on the floor, some of them even spilled. I walked behind Grayson staring Ethan down. I could see how hurt he was. As soon as he saw me his eyes widened and he got up.

"What the f*** are you going here?!" He yelled getting closer to me. I could smell beer in his breath and I backed away. Grayson went in front of me and held onto my waist.

"She's staying here with me. And don't talk to her like that Eth. Can you think straight for once?" Grayson said calmly. How is he so calm all the time? If someone yelled at me I'd fight them.
Ethan started yelling back but Grayson took my hand and led me to his room, shutting the door and locking it.

"I'm sorry about that. I always have to deal with him." Grayson said as he sat on his bed. I sat across from him and told him it was okay and he doesn't have to apologize.

"Okay.... Where do I start." I said crossing my legs as I played with my hands.

"I had a boyfriend last year. We were so close. And. He was my first love. I loved him so much. He helped me when I needed him and I did the same for him. It was summer break and I went on vacation to Hawaii. My family and I were supposed to stay there for the whole break but I insisted on coming back a month early by myself to surprise him on his birthday. I flew back from Hawaii to L.A two days before his birthday. I bought him balloons...... I made him his favorite cake. And I got him some presents on my way to his apartment. H-he gave me his apartment key since he had an extra one. A-and he wouldn't answer the door when I knocked so.... I opened his door and went to his room holding everything. I." I started to cry trying to continue my sentences