Discussing The Issue

With that, he just got up from his desk and left! Nobody even seemed surprised that he left, I honestly wasn't either. After all of that crazy information he just told us, we didn't even know where to begin talking. Eventually the topic of the man seemed to dominate the rest of the topics, and the whole class got involved. Because this is a community built on science, and science alone, there was literally no logic involved with ideas on how this man was alive. You can really blame us though, because if somebody actually taught us what was below maybe we could actually contribute a real answer instead of "maybe he killed all the beasts". I didn't see any point in staying and listening to the obviously wrong answers, so I followed in the teacher's actions and left.
Michael was quick to follow me as well. He's the only person I consider a friend here because he actually has a brain. Both of us want to know what's below now and all of that jazz I already explained. Except in this story he isn't the emo rebel guy who I say I want nothing to do with but then we start dating because we were in the same group for a project. In this story he's my average but very lanky friend who is funny and a nerd but neither of us are each other's types. But back to the present, he catches up to me and immediately starts talking about how scary this all is. Did I forget to mention he's a huge scaredy cat even though he's the tallest person in the entire structure and could scare anybody if he tried to. He could've gone on forever about what could go wrong if I didn't tell him to, and I quote, "shut up because everything will be fine especially if you start thinking about pros instead of cons". Without even letting him say one more word, because I knew it would still be about things that could go wrong, I started to talk about how we'll finally know what's below. Previously, I used to joke about how he would be the first to know what's below because he would trip over his own feet and fall. He would say the wind would push me off even if I dropped down because I was so small. We would then respond "fight me" to the other and proceed to fight each other with board games. Even though board games were invented long before we were forced to go up here, they were still very fun. Michael brought up that they might send people down with the construction workers to search the land. It was possible, but the leaders are too cowardly to risk lives like that.
In my opinion, the whole idea that they want us to help them come up with an idea is stupid. They'll be thinking "They're just kids so they won't have any valid ideas." the whole time. Even if they do actually consider our ideas, everybody up there is way too cowardly to take action on this situation, and give a shitty excuse for it too. It's the way they've been doing things like this for so long, it's only logical to continue expecting that behavior from them this time as well.