Definitely Wrong, Not A Normal Day

Even though the discussion did catch my interest, I found myself spacing out yet again. Peeking, out the window, I wondered what would happen if somebody jumped or fell off the edge. They never made railings, so people just kept their balance, and if there was wind they would drop to the ground so they didn't get pushed off. How far down was it? And how far down until what? Nobody knows, and if they do, they don't tell. The clouds block the view of the rest of the world most of the time. All of the farms are below the clouds, so they can get rain, but nobody except the construction workers, yet again, are allowed down to the farms. They are strong enough to take care of the crops, they know so much but sadly, they know how to keep secrets. What can you see below the clouds? Maybe we are closer to the ground than we're told. I quickly glanced around the room, checking to make sure it still appeared as though I was focusing on the lesson.
As I was about to go back to daydreaming, a single word caught my attention, that word was 'destroyed'. It was very uncommon to hear any mention of anything being destroyed around here. No planks, supports, or sections have been destroyed in a very long time. I immediately started paying attention. As soon as I decided to do this, however, nothing could have necessarily prepared me for what I was about to learn. Apparently, we had a guest. This may sound completely normal to most, but under these circumstances, not a chance. Let me put this in perspective: Imagine you live in an isolated economy, at an extremely high altitude, that has had no proof of other life forms existing in hundreds of years. The teacher began to explain the appearance of this visitor.
"Yesterday, the men were pulling up the crates full of lumber, as per usual. When opening the crates, they found an unconscious man inside one. Honestly, if one of the elites, meaning the elite scientists, hadn't observed the incident, he most likely would've died. It's not that the construction workers would've killed him, they would have probably not have known what to do with him and brought him in too late." The class collectively gasped upon hearing this. All at once, almost everybody in the class started talking. The teacher did not seem the least bit startled at the many questions being fired at him. He eventually signaled for us to stop talking, and began speaking again, "I actually happened to be the scientist to observe this incident, which may be why I was sent here instead of your usual professor. The man was dressed in torn clothes of much worse quality than ours, and he had hair on his body too, not only his scalp." There was a murmur of confusion, because of his unusual traits obviously. Alas, this strange scientist continued, "He is currently in the infirmary, but has not woken up yet, but there will be another time for me to answer whatever other questions you all have. Right now, I guess you could consider me a messenger," he chuckled, but quickly returned to being serious, "This is obviously a sign that there is life there, and we will need everybody in the community, excluding construction workers, helping us decide what to do in this situation. Yes, that does include all of you. Instead of your usual schedules tomorrow, you will all be going with your parents to the science building. You may now discuss all of this amongst yourself until school is over for the day."