« ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ : ᴘʟᴇᴀᴅ »

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela was discharged from the hospital four days later after the news reporters came to question him, and since then, he hasn't seen Yuichiro. He wasn't running away, per se, no, he was no coward to just simply pretend none of what was happening was real. In fact, he was doing the complete opposite.

⠀⠀⠀Or so he claims.

⠀⠀⠀A blaring noise sounded throughout his apartment bedroom, startling him and causing him to rise quickly, eyes dilated as heavy breaths leave his ajar lips. He can't fathom where they are coming from, seeming as though they are coming from every direction, owning no particular location, whatsoever. And that makes it all the more awful. Dull oceanic irises divert from corner to corner, lungs feeling trapped and pressured as he tries to figure out where the hell such an awful sound could be from.

⠀⠀⠀It is threatening, full of nightmare-like memories he wishes to forget. He can hear it like it is right next to his ears, crying and calling out for him— he wants it to end. It reminds him of the accident, those godforbidden cars crashing into one another with such force it claimed a child's life, and fairly, almost both his and his lover's. It is so familiar, he can almost imagine the tragedy like it was right there; can feel it, the smokey atmosphere along with his inflamed wounds, can taste the blood settled on his tongue, can smell the revolting smell of gasoline and fire—

⠀⠀⠀And it is agonizing.

⠀⠀⠀Slamming his palms against his ears, he leans forward and shuts his eyelids tightly, trying his absolute best to block out that blaring noise. But it isn't enough. It repeats like a record player, and it's almost like it is trying to tell him something. Perhaps, how he will never truly escape from what he's done, or maybe how he will have to live with the knowingness that Yuichiro will never remember him no matter what he does.

⠀⠀⠀It hurts. He can't take it any longer. With erratic breaths, his throat rumbles as a lethal scream vibrates through his body, tears beginning to stream down his pale cheeks. His throat is going raw as time goes on by, and he's sure he won't be able to speak. He wants it to stop. It won't. It's killing him bit by bit. But it doesn't care.

⠀⠀⠀It isn't until he hears the sound come into a complete cease that Mikaela's screaming also comes to a stop, breathing still unsteady and shaky along with his own trembling frame, but nonetheless, better. He doesn't need to look up to see what heavenly being could have ended his suffering, for he already knows, and he's grateful they're there. With a sniff, he allows the tears to trickle down his chin, a smile painting his cheeks as he raises his head, sapphire gaze landing upon another set of scarlet. "Thank you, Krul."

⠀⠀⠀Krul doesn't say anything, only sends him a pitiful smile in hopes it is enough to explain that she's happy she could help. She marches to the bathroom on the other side of the hallway, disappearing for a brief moment before she appears once more, a box of tissues settled in her hands. Crossing her legs on Mikaela's mattress, she dabs the blond's wet eyes and forces more into his nose, ordering him to blow. After a few minutes of comforting words and small gestures of reassurance, the pinkette sighs softly, claiming his attention.

⠀⠀⠀"What?"

⠀⠀⠀"Mika-Boo, this is the fourth time this week. You need to go see Yuichiro as soon as possible. If not, today. You can't keep doing this. Stop running away—"

⠀⠀⠀"I am not running," Mikaela insists. "I am simply thinking."

⠀⠀⠀Krul snorts, but it isn't out of amusement. She stands up to toss the dirty tissues into a trash can before returning back to her side of the bed. "Well, stop thinking. Just do what you feel is best. You know what Shinoa and them said, just talk to him."