Jealous

Categories: Solangelo/Friendship/Jasico

💀💀💀

"You seem to be spending a lot of time with Jason," Will observed his boyfriend.

Nico dunked bread in his soup. "What's this about? Are you jealous or something?"

Nico meant it as a joke, but Will got defensive. "Should I be? I've heard what the Aphrodite kids are saying."

"I was joking, Will," Nico stood up, feeling slightly offended that his boyfriend would think he'd do something like that. "Chill."

"Where are you going?" Will asked, about to follow him.

"Gods, just my cabin." The demigod put his hands in his pockets and began walking.

Feeling a certain ray of sunshine closely behind, Nico turned. "I'd like to go alone."

"Oh," Will crossed his arms. "Okay, I'll see you later then."

He felt like he should call after him, and apologise. He didn't mean to accuse him of anything.

But Nico had already stormed out. Will turned to his table. He was thankful his siblings were too caught up in their own conversations to notice.

💀💀💀

Annabeth had suggested to Will that he let Nico be alone for a while. Being the daughter of the Goddess of Wisdom (and being in a relationship with Percy), Will took her advice and stayed away.

If by staying away meant skulking around his cabin. After 10 minutes of pacing and nail biting, Nico walked out.

Will looked up, hearing his footsteps.

He met Nico's dark brown eyes. But he pulled them away and spun back around.

"No wait! Don't go back inside!" Will jogged towards him.

Still angry, he ignored him.

"I'm sorry. I know you and Jason are just friends. I wasn't jealous because I thought you liked him..."

Nico stopped and balled his fists. "No, you just thought I was cheating, right?"

"No!" Will reached for his shoulder. "That's not it! It's just sometimes I feel like you don't tell me things. And when I see you laughing like that with other people - okay yeah, I get jealous!"

He turned. Will's hand slowly slipping off his shoulder.

"Just not the kind you're thinking about, Death Boy." Will smiled infectiously.

Nico smiled back. "I'm sorry you feel this way. I-I'm really trying to talk to you,"

Will nodded, spreading open his eyes. He knew Nico was fragile and closed. But he was hoping he'd broke through that wall.

Nico looked around for anyone. Seeing that no one was there, he walked into Will's arms. He wasn't ready for people to see him this way. Having his guard down and heart open was dangerous.

But if he could trust anyone - it was Will Solace.