Part Thirteen: What's Going On With You?

CHAPTER DISCLAIMER:

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ KATIE VS ANNIE - THE FIGHT, READ IT BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER. THERE IS SOMETHING THAT HAS A DISCLAIMER IN KATIE VS ANNIE. I WILL NOT REPEAT DISCLAIMERS BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL IN THE FIRST BOOK.

Liv's POV:

"Coach Mary?" I asked.

"Yes?" she answered.

"Could I talk to Katie in a separate room?" I asked.

"Sure, Liv. You can use the room we use for parties."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Why do you wanna talk?" Katie asked, annoyed.

"I want to know what's going on with you. You've been acting like a jerk. Who throws a rock at someone's head? That's a terrible thing to do. No one should ever do that to a friend. No one should ever cause their friend to have surgery because of a cracked skull."

"I can-"

"Katie. Stop. This isn't something to joke or lie about." I was furious.

"Liv... You don't know."

"I don't know what?" I asked.

"You were gone when I... When I was diagnosed."

"Diagnosed? With what?"

---------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS WHERE KATIE VS ANNIE - THE FIGHT COMES IN. READ THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T FIRST. THERE ARE DISCLAIMERS IN THAT STORY ABOUT WHAT KATIE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH. I'M NOT REPEATING THE DISCLAIMERS HERE BECAUSE I'VE ALREADY MADE THOSE CLEAR IN KATIE VS ANNIE - THE FIGHT.

---------------------------------------------------------

"I have depression, Liv," Katie said.

"You do?"

"Yes. Sometimes when my medicine doesn't work, I can't control my mood."

A tear came running down my face.

"Katie... I..."

"No, it's okay. I didn't tell you because you came back one of the days where my medicine wasn't really working. I saw you and Annie together and I got really jealous because while you were gone we really bonded. To see her with someone else all of the time was a really big change." Katie's eyes started watering.

"I'm so sorry for what I said," I apologized.

"I'm sorry for not telling you!" Katie said.

"You couldn't control it, though. I feel terrible."

"Liv, it's okay! You didn't know."

We hugged, both crying.