2 - the accidental meeting

Dedicated to @MeganMadness because she's an awesome reader and friend! Thanks for all the amazing support you've given me. <3

♕♕♕

Chapter 2 

♕♕♕

Rule #234 of the Pecunia Rulebook:

A Pecunian with a Level above 50 is entitled to a vehicle, without having the need to be in possession of a driving test certificate.

♕♕♕

Nathan Owens stumbled into the four-storey mansion, barely sober. The girl who clung irritatingly on his blazer - she was currently planting kisses on his neck - was being more of a bother than Nathan would like her to. Servants clad in plain uniforms rushed to him worriedly, waiting to be at his disposal.

What was her name again? Nathan thought, his flushed face creasing into a perplexed frown as he tried to recall the name of the girl who he had spent a night of wild partying with. Shrugging of his jacket and throwing it to one of the maids, he tried to give Mathilda a go.

"Mathilda? Get off me," he slurred, trying to pry off the girl's talon-like grip on his arm. The girl giggled drunkenly, and proceeded to rub her face on his arm.

Nathan caught sight of his father sitting rigidly on the ten-seater leather couch in the lounge. The lounge was always used when a business meeting between his father and his associates took place, and Nathan immediately knew that it was something important that his father wanted to talk to him about, without even looking at his father's stern expression.

"Get this crazy woman away from me," Nathan instructed, and three maids stumbled forward to carry out their assigned task.

Any failure to do so would result in a pink slip, and nobody wanted to get fired. Being a maid or servant in Nathan's house promised a good salary; one that was much higher than being a waiter or even a clerk.

Straightening his tie and running a hand through his hair, Nathan took a deep breath before striding towards the lounge.

"You bought a car," his father said coldly, just as Nathan swung the door open. His father's eyes bore into his, his lips set into a thin, straight line. A lit cigarette hung from his fingers, and whirls of smoke invaded Nathan's nostrils.

Nathan knew what his father was subtly driving at.

"Yes," he replied, trying his best to sound nonchalant.

"From Harrison," his father's voice rose. He stubbed out his cigarette in the ashtray, throwing the cigarette on the carpeted floor of the lounge.

"Yes," Nathan repeated, looking at his father straight in the eye.

"You know that we are business rivals," his father said slowly, "and you still bought it from him?"

"I liked it," Nathan shrugged. But, he knew that it was not the only reason why he bought the flashy sports car. It was just to spite his father. And, Nathan could not deny the immense satisfaction he got when he saw his father's face turning a few shades redder.

"Our company offered the exact same model in our showroom," his father said, his voice menacing. "The car would be towed away the first thing in the morning."

Nathan saw red, and quickly sobered. "You can't do that! I bought it with my own money!" he retaliated, anger bubbling within him.

"I can, oh, I can," his father said, a pleased expression crossing his features. "I can always, cut your allowance, and most importantly, decrease your Level," he said, leaning forward.

Nathan clenched his jaw.

"And let's see which maid or servant will still say, 'Yes Mr Nathan' when you ask them to polish your shoes," his father finished, leaning back again to survey the damage.

Nathan tasted blood on his tongue. "Yes, I know. I know that you can destroy people whenever, wherever you wanted. Like how you destroyed Mother."

The painful memories surged in his mind, and Nathan winced just thinking about it. His mother was a kind, loving and beautiful woman. She did not deserve to die like that.

"Mother did not love you, so you were furious with her. You were heartless, and you ordered for her and her whole family to be killed in the Town Square, under the eyes of thousands," Nathan recounted in a shaking voice, watching as his father stiffened.

"But what you didn't know, was that people simply could not love you. Because you have a heart of stone."

Nathan's cheek stung as his father's fist connected with his face. He locked gazes with his father, searching his father's eyes for any ounce of regret, or pain.

But there was none.

His father's eyes remained emotionless. Feeling sick all of a sudden, Nathan stormed out of the lounge, and out of the house, despite the incessant calls of the maids.

He hated to be locked within the four walls of this lifeless, loveless house that lacked family warmth.

♕♕♕

Nathan did not know where he was going, but he continued walking aimlessly on the streets until he reached an alleyway. The effects of alcohol started to wear on him again, and he felt slightly drowsy as he allowed his feet to drag him to wherever it might bring him.

"No, Mother, no!"

A painful voice rang in his mind, and his mouth ran dry. It was Nathan who said that, twelve years ago, when his mother was mercilessly killed in front of thousands of Pecunians The pent-up anger and frustration made Nathan pick up a rock and forcefully throw it at the wall.

That was when Nathan heard some scuffling in the shadows. His ears perked up in alert, his hands poised in attack. Being trained in martial arts since young, Nathan was always ready to defend himself, whether he was intoxicated or sober.

He visibly relaxed as his gaze landed on a timid girl who was trying shrink back into the shadows. His hands slowly lowered to his sides, and he slowly walked towards the girl.

As the moonlight suddenly shone on her face, Nathan got a good look at the girl.

She was different.

Unlike all the other girls that Nathan has met, she did not wear any make-up, and although she paled in comparison with the other billionaires' daughters, she exuded simple charisma.

The girl abruptly scrambled to her feet, and took a few hurried steps back.

Watching him with wary eyes, she shakily said, "Please...don't hurt me."

Nathan couldn't help but feel a little indignant at her comment. Does he look like a serial killer who goes round looking for his next victim? But at the same time, he felt a little sorry for her as well. 

"No, don't worry. I won't hurt you."

♕♕♕

Chapter 2 of TGIP is up! :) Hope you guys like this, this is my first story that I'm writing in third person, so it may not be very good. :P

If you like it, then vote + comment! I'll really appreciate it! :)

Love,

-Calistarilarila <3