• Full Facts

Maliyah's eyes damn near bulged out of her head . She was over Ms.Floretta's house with her mother and Amber because the sweet lady claimed that one of her sons knew Kenny very well and might have some information about who killed him and why .

            Never did the thought cross her mind that Montez knew her father . Maliyah tried to read his face but couldn't get any definite emotion . Not like the emotion he had in his eyes that night .

            " This is my baby son , Montez . You probably seen him comin' and goin' from here . " , said Ms.Floretta in her shaky Spanish accent . Montez gave a broad head nod . You could tell he was caught off guard by his mother putting him on the spot . " Nice to meet you . " , said Amber , she was basically eye raping him . " Did you know my husband ? Kenny Smith . They call him big Ken sometimes . " , cut in Jamie .

           Maliyah started to wonder how old Montez was . Her father was older so what was he doing hanging out with someone so young .

                Montez nodded his head , " Yeah , me and him were cool . I'm sorry for your loss he was a good dude . " . Maliyah was growing more antsy . She felt like there was more to the story so she went all out and pressed him , " How'd you know my dad ? Can you specify being cool ? " . She looked right at him and asked one last question , " Most importantly , do you know who killed him ? " . Her mother gasped , " Maliyah ! We are not here to throw crazy accusations up in the air or to disrespect Ms.Floretta's house . " . Montez was standing comfortably against the wall , his facial expression calm as if he wasn't even phased by her hostility . Amber reached over and rubbed Maliyah's knee , " Chill out girl . " .

       Montez rose up off the wall and kissed his mother , " I'll see you later . Love you . " . He turned and looked at Jamie , " May Kenny's soul rest in peace . " . Then he walked out .

       Before she knew it , she was going right after him . " Hey , get back here ! " , she shouted . She followed him all the way down the driveway to his car . He finally turned around and leaned up on the hood of his car . " Look , I wish I knew what happened to your father but I don't . " .

      Maliyah looked back at her mother who was standing next to Ms.Floretta in the doorway . Her mother looked so exhausted and broken . Then she gazed back at Montez who still looked calm as ever . She fixed her mouth to start yelling but instead she began to sob . Puddles and puddles of tears began to fall from her eyes . It wasn't even a moment before Montez had embraced her and tried to calm her down . " It's ... just ... not fair . " , croaked Maliyah between her violent cries .

          This had all really been weighing heavy on Maliyah lately . She had been trying to stay strong for her mother but now she had to just let it out . Let it all out on a stranger's chest . A stranger who was starting to feel less and less like a stranger as the seconds passed by .