Chapter 2: This Can't Be Happening

"Gwaaaah! Kageyama, don't forget to check the list again!" Hinata screamed at the top of his lungs as if everyone in Karasuno wasn't already hurrying to get everything prepped after practice. The day had been busy with the team hosting Karaoke at a bar that they had to reserve the night for. Luckily Nishinoya and Asahi were the main workers that night.

It had only taken around 5 minutes to clean up the court, which for them was impressive. Then again, everyone was helping out some. It was mainly a setter's night. Kenma, Oikawa, Kageyama, and Suga were the ones going, but they were required to bring one person.

Kageyama didn't know exactly why, but he chose Hinata to go with him. Okay, he did know why. Hinata was just the closest person to him right now aside from family, but he didn't want to be embarrassed by his mom being there or something like that.

He squinted at the clock, as the team walked to the locker room so they could change and leave. The gym had a locker room, but they mostly used the club room. The locker room was for Physical Education classes.

He grabbed his bag and noticed how Hinata was still frantic about having a perfect night. He sighed, "Suga, why do we have to go?"

"Well, if you must know, I challenged all the setters to a bet and almost all of them passed except for Kenma, Akaashi, and Oikawa. You have to go because you didn't bother to even try, so get ready at home, wear something nice and look presentable!" The silver-haired setter beamed from across the room, only getting his bag and a few papers before he walked out with Daichi.

"That sounds unfair, I didn't want to try because I don't have a crush on anyone..." He mumbled to himself, a strong scowl crossing his feature.

Hinata looked up from whatever he had been doing during that short talk, but as far as Tobio could tell, there was a mess of paper. The older-though he seemed younger- boy almost screamed, "KAGEYAMA I CAN'T FIND MY ENGLISH THAT I WAS GOING TO STUDY."

"DUMBASS QUIET DOWN I WILL LET YOU STUDY MINE!" Anger flared as his friend seemed to shrink smaller under his stare, this happened very often and he was surprised Hinata wasn't used to it.

Shouyou whimpered, "Alright..." Then it seemed like nothing happened and they were out of the club room, locking it with the key that would need to be returned to their captain later.

Since the two were going to the bar later, when both of them mentioned the name of it to their parents, the adults burst out laughing. None of them were sure why, but it seemed that Sugawara, Daichi, Asahi, and Nishinoya knew why.

"Hinata, what do you plan on wearing?" Kageyama tried to start a conversation as they neared to his house, the dark street lights led them to a street that they took a left on before his friend answered, "I, uh, brought a nice T-shirt and pair of pants."

Kageyama couldn't say he blamed him, it was probably something he would do if Suga hadn't said "nice". Everyone knew that the nice aspect meant no stains or causal wear.

"I'm going for dress pants and a white shirt with a black blazer. Anything past that and you can count me out," Tobio knew he wasn't great at teasing, but this was as close as he got to humor. Unlike Salty-shima who joked around with insults and "King of the Court".

The thought even angered him inside.

Kageyama shook his head. Hinata looked at him, "Uh... Kageyama? Wasn't your house....2 houses ago?" The boy looked back at the mentioned house, lights were streaming out of the dark blue home.

The setter embarrassingly blushed, "Maybe." Before another word, he turned back, Hinata having to hurry after him as he walked faster than before.

He checked the door to see if it was unlocked, the wooden rectangle opened without much of a fight. A spark burned across the blue eyes, "I told her not to keep it unlocked." It was dark out, and they had to skip practicing after the actual practice was over.