Chapter 3: What Life Can't Describe

Akaashi was swearing under his breath, Karasuno's libero had just finished with the rules for this night and what had to be done;

● Know the words.

● No rapping and beware Ballads.

● If you are going to fail, fail hard.

● Don't shame others.

● No dropping the microphone (Or as Nishinoya put it "This shit is expensive, don't let it hit the floor.")

● You are not going to be recognized aside from the people actually paying attention.

● Have fun!

When the group thought that sounded easy, Nishinoya had to add in the secondary set of rules for another type of attention...

"Oh! And I have to tell you the rules of P.D.A. this is a kids place even though no kids are here, but still you have to follow them. No kissing, french kissing, the birds and the bees, or any sort in the hut. You must do them either outside -which I don't recommend if you are going for it- or somewhere private like the bathrooms, but I don't think that's wise either, so, just don't do it." Everyone that want a setter seemed confused as to why the libero had told them the P.D.A. rules.

The setters perfectly understood why and there was no joke when they had to pay attention. Now it was the time to choose who goes first, everyone pointed to Suga, but he shook his head, "I'm the grand finale." He smiled innocently, though they knew it really wasn't. Suga was definitely planning something.

Next victim to be offered to the sacrifice was, of course, Oikawa. Though, the captain seemed prepared and ready. Nishinoya went behind the curtains and pulled on the rope that made thim open, tying the bundled pieces of string to the purple fabric. Then, he awaited at a DJ stand for the first performer, while turning on the equipment and making sure everything worked.

Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi, not nervous at all but at the same time he was shaking. He said to his friend, "Be prepared for this, you asked for it." Normally the ace would do something different that involved violence, but he knew common sense of being in a place like this. Instead, retorting, "I haven't asked for anything."

The captain went on stage towards the excited, short second-year. Oikawa didn't take much more hesitation when he told the little libero the song. Although it caught Nishinoya off guard, he still found it and put the lyrics on the screen even though Oikawa knew he didn't need them.

He stared directly at his Iwa-chan, putting on his rare smile just for Hajime as the musical beat started, one that seemed jumpy even for the true meaning of the song. The blue screen ahead had white letters that revealed the lyrics to the crowd, yellow filling their presence as he started singing.

"Cross my heart and hope to die.
Burn my lungs and curse my eyes.
I've lost control and I don't want it back.

I'm going numb, I've been hijacked.
It's a fucking drag.

I taste you on my lips and I can't get rid of you.
So I say damn your kiss and the awful things you do.

Yeah, you're worse than nicotine, nicotine.

It's better to burn than to fade away.
It's better to leave than to be replaced.
I'm losing to you, baby, I'm no match.

I'm going numb, I've been hijacked.
It's a fucking drag.

I taste you on my lips and I can't get rid of you.
So I say damn your kiss and the awful things you do.