A birthday and a depressed dad...

Alyson's POV

My birthday was the first day of summer vacation. It was kind of boring my best friend came and hung out her name is Michelle, I met her from cheer. I don't have any friends outside of cheer because I do online school. So Michelle came over and we did facials and my mom took us to get our nails done.

Mom's POV

We were losing money fast, food, taxes raising a child and our huge house that we were going to have to say goodbye to but Alyson didn't know that yet. With the help of Alyson's cheer gym we set up a little surprise party for her when she arrived at practice. Nothing big because it already was a party for the last practice before the new season. We try to do a lot to entertain Alyson because her dad is depressed and trying to find a new job and I don't want her to notice.

Alyson's POV

I drove to practice with Michelle it was our pat practice of the season and it was only an hour long today. Once we got to practice we got dropped off and I walked in. We didn't see anything I looked at the mat and there was a huge row of panel mats we got suspicious. Michelle said "is anyone here"? My whole team and coach Caroline jumped up from behind the wall of mats and screamed "SURPRISE"!! My birthday turned out pretty good and before I knew it my mom came to pick me up and Michelle stayed for a stretching private.

Mom's POV

I was a little more nervous to tell Alyson about the house then about the job.

Alyson's POV

My mom told me we were selling the house and we both started crying and it was the same scene from when she told me about the job. We got home and my dad wasn't there, we tried calling him, no answer. We called all of his friends and he wasn't with any of them. My mom and I were scared so we slept in my room together.

Mom's POV

I had no clue where he was or why he wasn't home Alyson kept asking me what was going on and I didn't have an answer for her. We both slept in her room and she woke me up and he was gone still.