ღChapter1ღ

Here we go, Emily. You're first day of 11th grade. Let's try not to be the loser of the school like every other year.

   *Beep Beep Beep Beep* my alarm clock sounded at six a.m.  Today is my first day of 11th grade. All my life I've been that girl that gets bullied and picked on everyday. As I crawl out of bed, I take a long look in the mirror. 

   Incase you were wondering, I'm a 17 year old girl with long brown straight hair. I'm skinny and have no acne. I know what you're thinking. She seems pretty. How come she gets bullied? The answer is, I don't know. I honestly don't. I try so hard to make friends and not get made fun of. People just always have to find some way to put me down.

   A few minutes after finally getting up, I spend twenty minutes getting ready.  Once I got done, I got on my knees and prayed.

Dear Lord, I don't have much to ask for. Just please don't let this year, turn out like last year. Becasue of the bullies, I have scars all over my wrists. I came so close to suicide. Please just let this year be different. Once I got done, I got in my car, and, as nervous as I was, I drove to school. 

   My first class is geometry. As soon as I walked in, I knew I was screwd. There, sitting in the front of the room, were Gillian and Tess. The two most popular girls in the school. They were the reason I've done so many aweful things to my self. 

   "Hey Emily.  You're looking especially ugly today. What's on your face? Something you dragged out of the trash?" Gillian says with a smirk. Tess looks at me and laughs.  I ignor them like always and walk to the back of the room. 

   "Hey bitch! I'm not done talking to you. Look at me when I talk to you bitch!" Tess says with anger. I try so hard to ignor her. I think to myself why is it me that they hate so much?!  Ther're still hovering over my desk. Thank GOD the teacher walked in when she did.

   "Alright class! Let's get  our seets. Take out your calculators."

                                                                                   ☯☯☯☯

   Once the bell rang, I got out of there as fast as I could. Luckely, they weren't in my next class. After a couple hours of miserable torchure, it was lunch time. Subway was the closest place to our school. And no, eating the food at school is NOT an option. 

   As I drove to SubWay, I was listening to the radio and some song called "Best Song Ever" came on. It didn't sound too great to me tho. Who are these One Direction guys and why are they so great? I wondered. 

   As I got out of the car and walked to the door, I saw this really cute guy getting out of his car. He smiled at me. I gave a shy smile back. I went inside and waited in line for a minute. 

   As I’m ordering my sandwich, I noticed the cute guy from the parking lot was walking in. He has tattoos and black hair that is to-die-for. He walks behind me in line. I wana talk to him but I’m kinda nervous. I stupidly dropp my wallet and all my money spills out. 

“Ugh!” I moan while bending over to pick up my stuff. The mysterious boy meats me halfway. He hands me my wallet and cash.

“Hey. Mine names Zayn,” he says with a shy smile. 

“Hi. My names Emily.” I say with a smile hoping he won’t notice the scars all over my wrists.

“Here. Let me pay for you.” he says.  

"Oh you don't have to," I say as he hands the cashier $15.

"Keep the change," he says with a smile.

   He looks at me and asks if I have time to spare. I think that means he wants to have lunch with me. But he's cute. And I'm me. How does that even add up?!

   "Um, yah sure! I got about 30 minutes."

   We sit down at the nearest table in the restuarant.

   "You know," he says, "I like girls who are shy."