Cousin of the Year

•In which Ellington travels with his family without Rydel and she keeps herself busy with the G-boys•

~Rydel~

I help Ellington pack for his trip.Helping more like packing for him.He is staying a weekend in Wisconsin for his Meema recital and Father's Day.

I hate staying away from Ellington but we agreed it'd be nice to be with our families without each other.

With Father's Day coming up and my little cousin Gill's party,I am going to be very busy this weekend.

'When will you get there?' I ask my boyfriend as we zip his suitcase.

'We leave in the morning so maybe lunch time? I'm not sure.' He answers me unsure.Typical Ellington.

'You need me to drive you to the airport?' I ask him and he looks up from his phone.

'I'm taking an uber...I have an early flight.' He refuses my offer.

I feel frustrated I have nothing to do.I do work out a lot and cook/bake a lot but while on tour,I always have lots to do and now I have so much free time,I don't know what to do.

'I heard you're playing the birthday planner again...' My boyfriend comments and I nod.

'Gill will be happy with what I'm planning although I suggested a day in Disney or in an amusement park.' I tell my boyfriend excited.He smiles at me and I sit down in bed by him.

'Seriously,Del...Don't get your hopes up.You know how the G boys content theirselves with little.' Ellington says letting go off his phone and wrapping his arms around me.

'I'm also helping Gus plan a date with Kyla!' My little cousins rarely ask dating advices to me.They always go to my bothers.I don't understand,though.I am the one with a three years happy relationship.

'A date that doesn't involve movies,cooking,arts and crafts or anything related to that?' He asks me sassily.I give him an annoyed look.

'He asked me to help him plan a picnic at the beach.' I explain and my boyfriend nods.

'So like you always do when I let you plan dates?' Ellington is very annoying today.I hit him in the arm and get up while he laughs.

'Sorry,princess but you gotta be original.' He exclaims.

'I can't drive him to a hotel and be like have safe sex! He's fifteen!' I exclaim annoyed.

'I like the idea so keep that in mind when I'm back from Wisconsin but I said original,not horny.' He gets up and takes something out of his pocket.

'Free burger and fry at In-n-out?' I ask him confused as I read the card.

'Shit,wrong card.' He picks the card from my hands and lends me another.

'A carnival?' I say and he nods with a smile.

'There's one happening at pier Santa Monica.It is worth the drive.' He explains.

'We could save this for us...' I wrap my arms around his neck and he smiles giving me a kiss in the cheek.

'I'd save but it expires this Saturday so...' He explains and I giggle.

'I'm going to miss you,babe.' I say with my sweet voice.He pushes me close to him and lends down for a kiss.

'Don't have too much fun without me,honey...' He whispers.I smile at him and peck his lips.

'I'll try.' I kiss him again.

It is so hard spending time without Ellington.We normally get to do lots of stuffs together.But I know he'll have a fun time without me with his funny family and I'll have with mine.