EIGHT

The next day we had our first potions lesson. As I walked in with Hermione, I noticed how heavily divided the Gryffindors and the Slytherins were. They each had their own side of the room. I had never seen such hatred from people before. Once everyone was seated the Professor walked in. Ron had been telling us earlier that his brother's said that the teacher was evil.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making." The professor scans around the room and then I can tell is surprised be me. I don't know why though. He clears his throat and continues.

"However for those select few..." His eyes go to Draco. He speaks of the things he can teach and my eyes light up. Maybe I'll be able to learn how to brew Wolfsbane for Remus one day. I know how much he would enjoy it. Then I could finally spend his full moon nights with him. I turned to see Harry taking notes. The professor goes up to him and confronts him.

"Mr. Potter, our new... celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of aspholdel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand sky rocketed. Harry shrugged. I knew he didn't know.

"What is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Now this one I knew.

"I don't know sir."

"Pity... Clearly fame isn't everything." Professor Snape says.

"But professor, he grew up in the muggle world, he wasn't able to prepare as much ahead of time. It's unfair to ask him questions from farther into the book." I said out loud. Oops.

"You must be Ms. Lupin. Since you grew up in the magic world, answer Mr. Potter's questions." I gulped. I had made the professor mad.

"Well, the first answer is they make a The Draught of Living Death, and Wolfsbane and Monkshood are the same plant."

"Very well, and... Expected to know for a student like you, Ms. Lupin." Professor Snape extended my last name. He must know about Remus somehow. The rest of the class went on.

"Ms. Lupin. A word." He said to me before I could leave.

"Yes professor?"

"I suggest not sticking your neck out for a boy you have barely known."

"I'm sorry but I can't do that. He's my friend and I won't have him bullied by you." The professor's expression softened.

"You're Lily's daughter. You must be. The hair, eyes, personality. You are Lily evan's daughter."

"How do you know who I am?"

"You have your mother's eyes. Now off to your next period Ms. Lupin."