1. Welcome to Magnolia

Brooke POV

"BUZZZZZZZZZZZ!!"

"What the FUCK !" I yelled out loud trying to understand why I had my phone going off at 8AM on a Saturday.

Reaching into my nightstand I saw 6 missed calls from my brothers homie Mook. I almost went into complete panic mode as I remembered I was suppose to meet my brothers right hand for some money before he went out of town. He made time to fit me and our problems into his schedule.

"shit". I scrambled to throw on a hoodie and some sweatpants to run a block away outside of Magnolia to the store.

(Magnolia: that's my hood. One of the worst projects here in LA)

As soon as I opened my door the thick scent of cigarettes, pussy, hot piss and oh let's not forget weed filled my nose. I wanted to gag but I can't stop and complain now. I should be used to this, plus I rather choke and make it to Mook before he leaves and I'm without food and water for another who knows how god damn long. It's already been two days.

As soon as I pushed open the doors to my building there sat the red and black Crown Vic. At that very moment I stiffened up and knew in that instant my ass was G-R-A-S-S . First impressions mean EVERYTHING. I have never met Mook but my brother made me promise I'd be on time. I don't know what he does exactly but it's not no corner boy bullshit, I know that much. And he doesn't have to help me either. I'm not afraid of him, I'm afraid of the fact that I fucked up by not keeping my end of this entire thing. I hope it doesn't fuck up the trust him and my brother got. And I got no one else to help me. Welp, lord be with me because I need this help. Bad.

Mook POV

When I say my blood is BOILING thats an understatement. I talked to my bro Brooklyn and he swore to me that for something of this importance his sister was gone be on time. I sat in that store lot for 30 minutes. I even got out and approached maybe 1 or 2 bitches to see if it was her at that. I've never met his fam, he never wanted any of us to. But with shit at home going left Brooklyn needed me to do him a solid. All he said was he talked to her and her name is Brooke. And that they look damn near identical... And she'd be on time. Ain't that some shit.

I didn't want to, but I decided to roll by they hood and see if I saw her on her way. Mostly because I was curious and than that 25% of me kind of having a heart because I've been there before and Brooklyn would do that for me. No doubt.

I rolled into Magnolia and hella Hoes was already outside lurking, Crackheads tweaking, Drunks wobbling up and down the block. It's fucking damn near 830am. This is why I can't fuck with Magnolia Projects. I pulled up out front and not even two minutes later a real thick Dark skin shawty was rushing out the front door. She stood at least 5'6. She was wearing a hoodie and sweatpants but she still looked good with clothes on. Impressive. I cracked my window to get a better look at what I already was enjoying seeing.

She stopped dead in her tracks staring straight at my car window. She had to be.. Brooke. No wonder he never let us meet her. It's something about lil mama. Besides her shoes being a little run down and that old ass sweatsuit. I think I bought some bitch that same one from the mall a minute ago. I must admit she cute, real fucking cute. And Late.

But let's remember why the fuck I'm here. "BROOKE" I said loud enough through my cracked window for her to hear. She walked up to the door and opened it bending down to look at me, not getting in.

"Could you get yo ass in before you draw attention? I'm not about to murk you for being late AS FUCK might I add. What you scared?" I said looking at her like she was crazy clearly red as fuck from being mad. She slid into the passenger seat and I pulled off towards the park.

"So.. Uh do you know when Brooklyn is coming home?" She sat and asked me. I honestly didn't know nor did I want to give her false hope. "Hopefully Sooner than Later" I said.

"Things haven't been the same in the past year without Brooklyn. He's been behind those bars for a entire year and everything's climbing downhill it seems" she said with her voice low and she sunk lower in the passenger seat looking out the window.

At that moment I felt shitty as hell. This girl was about to cry in my passenger seat. The love she has for her brother is real. It reminded me of how my little sister was when we were younger. Imani. All she did was question me and look up to me. When I got locked down at 15 she needed and asked for me everyday but I was fucking up. I got released the day before her funeral. She was 10. That alone made me decide Brooke is my little sister until Brooklyn gets out the jam. That's my brother so why not.

I can tell she needs someone and I'm going to be that someone. That's my sister and my responsibility until Brooklyn comes home.

"Don't cry Lil Mama. Brooklyn is going to be home before we all know it. He loves you yo. He gone have y'all back on track and I'm here for you to if you need me. Know that. Loyalty is Everything Brooke. Now let's go out I still have a little time. Let's get these bills paid and let's grab you some new sneakers or something. Gotta get to know more about my little sis." I said smiling at her.

Brooke POV

After talking to Mook I felt better. He took me to pay the bills as he said and he gave me emergency money and told me to keep it safe. Don't tell nobody ya know , nobody but Brooklyn. He bought me a pair of sneakers which I haven't gotten in almost a year. I got a few clothes and we ate at that cheesesteak place, Buffalos. He even got some food for me to bring back for Ma. And some groceries too.

When I got back home Ma was still sleep. I put her food in the fridge and unpacked the groceries. I ate and called my best friend Drea on the phone.

This morning alone was one of the best times I've had in awhile. I know my weekend is going to go okay now that nothing is going to be cut off. Come Monday, it's a whole different story unfortunately. I wish I would've told Mook the truth. The magnitude of the shit I've been dealing with and the bit I will deal with come Monday. I don't want him to think I'm some severe punk. I can handle it though.. I know I can.

That's the first chapter !! Star and Comment !! Also don't forget to add my book and follow me. Due to the explicit language I know some chapters may lead to being private.
This chapter may have lead to a slow start but don't judge this book by its cover. Starting next chapter things are going to heat up very nicely and some real juice is going to force its way into play. Share this Book please!

What do you think about Brooke so far?
What do you think about Mook? What does Mook do for a living. And when will Brooklyn really get out of jail? Comment what you think !