THREE

Before I could answer his question, Monika answered it quickly

"It's Will Jose's lang naman."

"Will Jose? That guy in the Soccer team?" asked Kenneth

"Uhm yeah. The one and only Will Jose. The soccer hottie Will Jose. The oh so pogi Will Jose." Sabi ni Monika

"Monika, control your hormones. Your ovaries might explode." Her twin warned her

Kenneth looked at me and said
"Give that back later. I have an extra shirt"

Uhm?? I already wore it?? No thanks??
I just gave him a "Wow. Really?" look.

Our teacher walked in and finally his eyes are off me.

After all of our classes, I was alone.

I went to our tambayan and saw Link sitting alone watching varsity players over the field while drinking a can of coke.

"Scarlet!" He waved at me.
I waved back and sat beside him.

"So how are you two doing?" I assumed he was talking about Kenneth so I said

"I don't really know what's happening"

"You do know he still loves you right?"

He still loves me? Then why would he do that horrible thing on me?

"But Scarlet" he continued
"You don't have to push yourself. I know you're hurt. It's your choice anyway and you're the only one who can choose."

I leaned my forehead on my knees
"It's just so hard, Link."

He messed up my hair saying "You'll get through it Scar."

His phone rang and excused himself.

I was left there sitting on the grass. I took my earphones out my bag and put it on. I drank my coffee enjoying the wind and shade of our tambayan.

It's been a little while so I decided to read a book. I'm burying myself into this deep deep dark abyss of happy endings and unrealistic expectations again.

I placed my coffee on my left side and got my book from my bag on the other side.

"Shit!" someone exclaimed near me. It was shirt guy a.k.a the soccer hottie(raw), Will
"I'm really sorry!" He continued and when our eyes met his grew bigger.

I looked back to get my coffee but the ground is already sipping it.
What the fuck?

"You again."

"Sorry sorry sorry" he said as he got the soccer ball that knocked down my coffee

"No, it's alright" I just gave him a smile but inside I was furious.

He left and I continued reading.

A few minutes later, a shadow was going near me. I looked up and it was Will.

He sat infront of me and I didn't know what to react. He gave me a can of coffee he probably bought in our cafeteria.

"Accept my apologies, again." he said as he stretches his arm giving me the coffee.

I just looked at him
"N-no thanks. It's really o--"

Before I could finish he got my left hand and gave me the can. He just smiled at me and said "I know it's not."

"T-thanks? I guess"

"I'm Will by the way. Will Jose" his chubby cheeks started to move again as he smiled. I just realized how cute his smile is.

"Oh I'm Scarlet. Scarlet Guzman" then I went back to reading my book.

After a while, he's still there sitting right in front of me.

"Uhm don't you have a practice to attend to?" I asked

"I excused myself."

"And why are you still here?"

he just laughed and said

"I can't afford seeing you hurt again."

I just looked at him. What does he mean?

"You might get hit by soccer balls here rather than your coffee so I'll be your wall" he smiled at me.

I smirked and shaked my head.

"I'm fine. Just go back to your practice."

I was looking at blank space. I can't think properly. I decided to leave kasi the situation is really awkward!!

"Ah, I think I'll go na."

"Hmm? Ah sig--"
*sfx POOG sfx*

Napanganga ako sa nangyari. There was a magic flying ball that hit Will's back!

"Are you okay?"

He stood up, got the ball that hit him and the next thing he did was so unexpected.

"Son of a bitch?! Who did that?!"
He threw the ball back to the field and I was already on my feet about to leave the scene but

"Paano kung hindi ako yung natamaan ng bola at natamaan tong kasama ko?!"

I looked at him and saw his sweat falling down slowly as the sun sets behind him.
I didn't notice that I was staring for too long when his eyes met mine and I had to pretend I was looking elsewhere.

He came near me and said, "Are you okay? Pagpasensyahan mo na teammates ko. Are you going home?"

"Y-yeah."

"Let me walk you to the gate." he flashed his smile once again.

"I-it's okay. Just go to your practice, I'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes. May makakasabay naman akong pauwi."

"Sige. Nice meeting you Ms. Guzman. Hopefully, the next time we talk, it won't be because of a spilled beverage." he laughed and I just smiled

"Hopefully." why did I say that? earth to Scarlet?
"I-i'll go now." I continued.

"Bye!" He ran to the field after bidding goodbye.

Later that day, I went home with the usual people: Monika,Lincoln and of course Kenneth.

We have a private carpool that picks us up at 6pm. We are dismissed at 3:30pm everyday but since Monika has her volleyball practice, Lincoln has Mathletics and Kenneth with his swimming practices we are picked up late.

I, on the other hand, stay in our tambayan reading my books. Minsan na nga lang kami kumpleto sa tambayan eh but sometimes Kenneth would skip his practices to join me.

I think that was sweet of him and that was one of the reasons why I fell for him.

Kenneth was your ideal guy. Kindness was his middle name that's why I never knew nor expected that he would cheat on me.

"Ugh kapagod ng practice" Monika exclaimed as she got on the van.

"Mas nakakapagod yung amin!" Kontra ni Kenneth

"Shhh both of you." The genius has spoken

Meanwhile ako, I'm just at the back with my neck pillow listening to my music.

It was all so relaxing until I heard a beep.

It was a message from an unknown number.

--
From: 0912xxxxxxx

Never fall in love with Will Jose.

--
What the fuck? What was that about? Teka I don't get any of these letters or messages na. Who keeps on sending these?

Why would I fall for Will Jose?

"Bye guys. See you tomorrow!"
"Bye friends"
The twins were already dropped off and I was left alone with Kenneth.