TWELVE

Gumising ako na feeling ko nahuhulog ako. Sobrang sakit ng ulo.

Pero I knew I had to stay strong. I knew I can get through this.

I did my usual routine and survived another day with all the fake smiles and laugh. Kenneth was still out of sight.

When I got home in the afternoon, Will was here.

He was here for Maggie.

All I said was say "hey" and locked myself in my room again.

I did my homework and asked our yaya to bring food inside my room so I didn't have to go down.

That's what I did for the next few days. Each day was literally a replica of what happened the day before. I also noticed that Kenneth was a no show for the rest of the week.

It was already Saturday and I decided to jog around the neighborhood. I jogged for 3 hours with breaks of course.

I thought that being sad isn't healthy. I just gotta focus on other things so I tried to maintain a healthy body at least.

After my run, I went home to eat lunch.
I finally finished the series I was reading.
I had a movie marathon sa aming sala for hours with my yaya. Mama and papa are working naman rin and Maggie must be out with..you know who.

It was already 8pm nung naka uwi sina mama. They were tired and said na they already ate dinner so they rested kaagad.

Maggie came with Will minutes later.

"Nakakapagod today!" Maggie exclaimed

She threw herself sa couch and asked Will to stay beside her

"Will, dito ka pls."

Will sat beside her and it was so awkward and I was just there trying to focus on Spongebob!

*sfx RING RING sfx*

~Kenneth Atienza calling..."

Kenneth?
(I saw will look my way)

~Scarlet, nandito na ako.~

A-ah t-teka

~Please come, Scarlet.~
.
.
.
.
CALL ENDED

Nagisip ako for a while. Talaga bang dapat akong pumunta?

I stood up and walked outside our house. Maggie was asleep on Will's shoulders and I wasn't really comfortable so I needed to go.

I took my bike and went to the clubhouse. The lights were already off inside the building but it was bright in the playground.

I saw him there. Drinking a bottle of beer. Beside the swing were tons of other bottles.

Lumapit ako sa kanya kinuha yung bottle at tiningnan lang siya. He's been crying.

"Scarlet, patawarin mo na ako."

I was disgusted sa sinabi niya.

"Kenneth, seryosong favor ba yan? Kasi pucha imposibleng mapatawad na kita. Ilang beses na kitang nakita."

"You don't understand."

"Edi paintindihin mo ako! Ipaintindi mo sa akin kung bakit ka nanloko!"

He just covered his face with his hands as he bowed down.

"Alam mo, wag na. Wala na akong pake. I gave up nung I saw her kiss you every time you meet."

Lumapit siya sa akin, hinila ako tapos he had me against the wall.

With his arms locking me in, he looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I had no choice, Scarlet."

What does he mean? What the fuck does he mean?

"My parents and her parents decided to arrange our marriage."

I looked at him with a disgusted face.

"I know." Dugtong niya
"It's ridiculous but hella true. They are investors, Scarlet. I tried to tell my parents about what would happen to us and they just apologized."

I felt tears going down on my cheeks.

"They didn't know what to do. That's what the investors wanted. To let me marry their daughter and they promised to invest larger amounts that could save our company and keep it going."

"Kenneth...ayoko na."

"Scarlet ano pa ba gusto mong marinig?! Yun na yun! Patawarin mo na ako pls!"

I tried holding my tears but they had their own minds and came out flowing. PUTANGINA? Ba't ang cliche neto?!

He just looked me in the eyes. He leaned closer and closer.

But the next thing I knew, Kenneth was down on the floor.

"Will!" Ishouted