Chapter 34: Imprisoned

I knew I wasn't dead, but I felt like I had just entered hell.

I was still in the catacombs, but this time, I was behind bars. And I wasn't alone.

"I see you're awake now," said Peppermint Maid.

"Peppermint Maid what the flip is going on?" I asked angrily.

"I'm just following the Prince's orders," she said.

"What orders?"

"Prince Gumball told me to lead you down to the catacombs to prevent you from finding the vampire," she explained. "Then I shot you with a tranquilizer dart and brought you to the simulation room. There, you would think that you succeeded in saving that vampire, but you were cleverer than the Prince realized. You soon figured out that everything around you wasn't real and you deactivated the simulation after smashing the mirror. So I shot you again and the guards put you in the dungeon down here."

"WHERE'S MARSHALL!" I demanded.

"He's somewhere nearby," she said. "But by the time we release you, he'll already be dead."

"NO!" I shouted. By the time she left, I broke down crying. "Marshall, I tried to save you, but now you're going to die because of me. I failed..."

***

Gumball's POV

"Vampire it's time," I said.

I unhooked him from the Essence Extractor to fight Bella Noche.

When I looked at him, he was just another pathetic human, just as how I planned.

"When I win this fight you're dead," he said.

"You're the one who's going to be dead Marshall," I said. "Then Fionna will be MINE!"

Everything is falling into place.

***