[49]

[much longer chapter, back and forth between POV's- it will be the same part as before, just their perspectives if you catch my drift]

:September 9, 2016:

Simon's POV

Today is the day.

Nerves bundle into a knot in the out of my stomach, my palms clammy and knees weak.

Today is the day I marry Josh Zerker.

Yes, I am happy. I'm ecstatic and blessed beyond belief that I get to marry my best mate.

But of course, nerves of how the ceremony will turn out begin to ease their way into my body.

I stare in the full length mirror, Jide, Nick and Vikk stood behind me, suited in all black tuxedos, minus the small yellow daisy boutonniere placed softly on their left side.

I stare at my reflection, thinking about how far I've come.

I was scared to tell Josh how I felt while I was closeted.

Getting him off in the club was enough to know I truly did have feelings for him.

The period of hell while we weren't talking, then we kissed and I felt whole again.

Then he kicked me out for Freya. That hurt.

He came back, we went on a "date" and he left me again. That was the longest dark period of my life, and definitely the most intense.

He broke me.

Then he came back, and she was gone.

I was happy.

Then Napa, I was the happiest ever. Of course, cracking my head open and all, but it was nice to see how caring he really was.

Telling each other we loved each other, making love for the first time, Napa was special.

Then we came back, and Josh changed his persona completely, due to the cloud of doubt and secrecy revolving around telling his parents about him being gay and us. I was so stupid for not seeing that.

We both fucked up. We both did shit with someone else, I self harmed again, it was a sticky situation.

But we moved on.

We trust each other and love each other enough that that will never faze us again.

Then we got engaged. The band was silver, with a stripe of black in the middle. On the inside, it had our initials carved into it. Days later, we got the same band cut for Josh.

Now here we are, six months later, about to be wedded.

This is mad.

"Chill bro." Jide says, rubbing my shoulders as I continue to stare into my reflection.

"I'm scared." I admit quietly, so he spins me around.

"Simon. You are about to marry your soul mate. Yeah, it's scary, but now you can call him your husband." He explains.

Husband.

Josh.

My husband.

That hasn't sunk in yet.