FOL 9: You can find better than me

Stanley's POV

Weeks had been passed after I visited Philippines for my one week vacation. I started to be fascinated in that country. I have a Filipino blood, my Grandma is a pure Filipino. But we never visit Philippines for some family reasons. This coming summer I'm planning to go back there and spend my vacation with Yoona.

I opened my Skype. Perfect timing, Yoona is available. I'll call her and I'll tell my plans.

"Hi Yoona." I smiled.

"Hello Stanley." she smiled too. "So how's your vacation here? Did you like it?"

"Not only liked Yoona, I loved and I will love. Actually I have a Filipino blood."

"How come? I thought you're a pure American?" she said with curiosity.

"My Grandma is a pure Filipino. That means my Mom is a half-Filipino." I'm starting to detail my background.

"Wow! Good to hear. So you know how to speak Tagalog?"

"Medjo lang." actually I knew some Filipino words and phrases.

"Ayy.. Putek marunong ka palang mag-Tagalog, pinadudugo mo pa 'yung ilong ko." Yoona shocked.

"Hahaha! Nagtanong ikaw ba sa akin?" I'm trying to talk using Filipino language I don't know if my grammar is correct.

"Wrong grammar. Bleeeeh. *tounge's out*" 

"I can't speak well but I can understand a little bit. Remember the time that you told your friends that I'm pogi? I did understand that. Hahaha!"

"Weh? So you just pretended that you didn't understand? I hate you na Stanley." she pouts.

"Hate me then I will love you."

"Tse. -___________-"

"You're so cute especially when you are pouting. The truth is, when I met you that's the same day I started studying about Filipino language."

"You told me you have Filipino blood? So it's natural that you know how to speak Tagalog."

"Not at all. I do have Filipino blood but my Mom and my Grandma never say Filipino words. We never visit Philippines."

"Why? They are Filipinos, they should love our national language." I don't have any idea why my family doesn't want talking about Filipino matters.

"I don't know. Maybe because of some family reason. Ayaw ko na tanong sa kanila."

"Hahahahaha! Sounds so good." she laughs. What's wrong with her? :3

"By the way Yoona, I'm planning to spend my summer vacation there."

"That's a great idea. But wait, can I ask you something?" Yoona asked me.

"Sure. What's that?" I answered.

"Where's your girlfriend?"

"Oh Nathalie. She's busy with their business."

"Is she joining you on your vacation?" she asked again.

"I think she will not.

"Oh I see. Anyway, I need to go Tan-tan." what did she say?

"Tan-tan?"

"From now on, I'll call you Tan-tan. Isn't it cute?"

"It is. Okay. Take care Yun-Yun. Bye."

After our video call I logged out my Skype account. It's already 8:00 in the evening, dinner time. I walk towards the door and looked for some foods in the kitchen. I saw a left-over mackerel inside the oven. If you are wondering where my parents is, they're both workaholic and I think at these time both of them are still in the office and busy doing some company papers. I'm used to live without them. I don't also have siblings. But I have my girlfriend, a very loving and caring girlfriend.

Oh geez! I forgot that Nathalie told me yesterday that we will be having a dinner date. "Oh man! You're totally idiot!" I ran towards my car and drove ahead the restaurant where our date supposed to be happened. I look at my wristwatch. Fvck! I'm already one and eleven minutes late. I enter the restaurant and viola! I saw Nathalie kissing with another guy, the worse is the guy he is kissing with is my bestfriend. What the heck?! Fvck. Shit.

"Stanley..."

"What's the meaning of this Nathalie?" I want to punch the both of them.

"Listen. I'll explain everything Stanley." the girl whom I used to love is now telling me to listen.

"Listen? Explain? Is kissing with another guy isn't enough?! The worse is kissing with my bestfriend!" poorman! And now I'm crying in front of people whom I trust but cheated on me, the girl I love and the guy who I treat as my brother.

"Man, I'm sorry." is that all?!

"Sorry?! Do you think your sorry can ease the pain in my heart? Man, I treat you as my bestfriend, my brother. How could you do this?!" I punched him!

"Stanley, stop that!" she is trying to stop me.

"Tell me Nathalie, do you love this guy?" I'm still holding Zander's collar.

"How about me Nathalie? I'm your boyfriend." I can't believe that after what happened I still love her.

"I'm sorry Stanley. Please stop loving me. You're a very nice guy I know you can find someone better that me."

"I'll not force myself to you. I'm letting you go Nathalie but please allow me to love you." I'm trying to be okay.

"But Stanley---"

"I will not stop loving you Nathalie until my heart will do."

I'm not that masochist so I chose to let her go and take her happiness. Yes, it's really hurt. We built dreams together for our future but she's already gone. I'm expecting that she'll be the one whom I'll ask to marry. Expecting too much is now killing me inside. I love her more than I love my parents.