Chapter 26

XxAmber’s P.O.V.xX

After what felt like ages, I finally made it to the place where my temporary pack was waiting.

“Amber!” Jacky cries. “Where did you go?”

“To teach those tacky teenagers a lesson.”

She just looks at me curiously.

I smile at her. “And boy did they learn it.”

She laughs, but she still looks sad and worried. My smile vanishes. “Is he alright?”

“I-I don’t know. Milo says he’ll be fine, b-but…”

“Then he’ll be fine.”

She smiles sadly at me. “If only I could make myself believe that.”

I just nod half-heartedly and walk over to where Milo is looking around the little boy.

“Well?” I ask simply.

He looks at me, then over at Jacky, who had stayed where I left her. “I don’t know. And it scares me.”

“He won’t… Die… though… Right?”

He just looks sadly up at me.

I gulp, but before I can say anything else, Jacky walks over. “How is he?”

“Great! He’ll just be unconscious a while. We should really head for the river again.”

Jacky smiles. “I’ll carry him!”

“Um, uh, no, I’ll carry him, because he can’t uh… be roused too much.”

“I won’t hurt him.”

“No, really, I’ll carry him.”

She glares at him for a second, but then she turns around and starts to walk where we had been headed before the whole jeep thing.

Milo breathes out a sigh of relief. “Let’s go.’’

He picks up the limp child and we all start to walk towards the river.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

XxJami’s P.O.V.xX

On the way to my new pack I sneak yet another glance at the alpha. Why had I left? I was doing a battle plan in my head when he asked me actually, the word just kinda flowed out of my mouth. But I didn’t regret it in the slightest way. I had been fighting the urge to just stare at him for the past thirty minutes.

One time I catch him side glancing me too, but I think it is just because he doesn’t trust me.

I sigh as his sweet scent fills my nose. I walk a bit closer to him, staring straight forward again. I am so glad to be free from Jonah, though. D was right; He is a cruel alpha.

D, however, seems like an alpha I could only dream to have. Yet, so many other wolves had joined his pack. I could never bring myself to hurt one of them, though. They didn’t deserve it for following such an intelligent man.

Man, I’m being corny, but I feel like I can face whatever the world dares to offer with D at my side.

When he looks at me I just want to pull him in close. When he touches me it feels like we are the only two in the world. He looks at me with those beautiful green eyes and I just want to stare into them forever.

I hope he feels the same. I mean, he is so amazing. I haven’t even really got to know him, I’ve seen him in the halls at school and when we meet at the border and all, but, I never thought he would single me out to join his great almighty pack.

I feel like I was forced into joining the J pack. When I had first come here, I had kinda been following D around secretly, hoping he would ask me to join his pack. Then, one day, we got around to talking, and he asked me if I was in a pack yet. My hopes raised up and I said no, but just about then Jonah swept into the room and reminded D of their ‘agreement,’ that any person whose name began with J was to join Jonah’s pack. So, since neither of them knew my name as far as I was concerned, I said my name was Mary. But Jonah knew, somehow, and all D could give me was a sad smile to say he understood my hopes.

I had grown to love the J pack, but, the more I saw D, the more it faded. I now know where my heart belongs.

During all my thinking, I hadn’t noticed we had entered the Storm Pack camp. My breath catches.

It is huge. Wolves and humans walk around everywhere, tending campfires or carrying fresh meat in, even checking up on wolves and instantly I know I don’t have to worry about Jonah.

“Jami?” His voice calms me even more. “We need to talk.”

***********************************

Hi guys!

Have to say, I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY! IT HAS TAKEN ME FOREVER TO WRITE THIS!

I have absolutely no excuse except for laziness. It isn’t even long! BUT I hope you will still comment vote and fan!

So Jami is in the pack, and D’s mate, if it wasn’t obvious enough.

Sorry again, bye!