Chapter 20

XxMilo's P.O.V.xX

A flash of red smacks into me, knocking me off my feet.

With a slight growl I snap in the intruders face.

The wolf jumps off me.

I look her over. She is red and looks quite furious. She stands in a position that hints that she's ready to leap at me.

With a snarl I jump on her. I slash at her sides with my claws, then roll back onto my feet.

The wolf doesn't wait around to whimper. She jumps up and attemps to spring on me.

I duck just as she is about to hit me. She sails over my head and crashes into the forrest floor. I take the oppertunity to get her.

However, she sees my attack coming and meets it.

We collide in midair, and she slashes with her paws while I try to bite something.

Once I get her ear, and I can feel it rip. The metalic taste of blood fills my mouth but my slight victory doesn't last long.

I feel pain rip down my cheek and can't help the whiny yelp that escapes my mouth.

The female looks a bit proud almost as she leaps onto my back and scratches, but I roll over, and she stays on my back.

I roll back and forth until she finally lets her grip loosen.

I jump on my feet and growl, but before I leap, I hear Amber.

"Stop!"

I look over at her.

She had changed to human. I guess my bag had fallen off during the battle, because she had changed into clothes.

Both of us looked at her.

"Now, can we try to talk this out?"

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

XxAmber's P.O.V.xX

Both wolves nod their heads.

"Okay, Red-Can I call you Red?"

The wolf nods.

"Okay. Red, are we in your territory?"

The wolf nods again.

"We are really sorry. We are trying to find the river. We're just passing through."

Red shifts her paws in unease.

"Do you want to talk-In human?"

Red's eyes widen and she looks down.

"Oh-Sorry. Do you mind boy clothes?"

'Amber, she's going to steal-'

'No she won't. I can tell.'

He gets the hint and stops talking.

I throw her the bag and she catches it in her mouth, then turns and trots off into the forrest.

'Amber, she's a rogue. I can smell it.'

'And I can smell fear. She's scared Milo. She's not going to run off.'

'But Amber, you can't be sure!'

'I am sure!'

'Well I'm not.'

'Milo, I want to talk to her.'

'She's not coming back.'

Before I can reply, a woman comes out into the clearing. She is wearing Milo's clothes and has very light brown eyes. Her hair is carmel, and she looks a bit nervous. She keeps looking down at the bag as she walks, and she looks nervous.