Chapter Four

Dan wakes up the next morning on the floor in the corner of his kitchen. He stands up and realized it was Tuesday, which meant he had school.

Dan hurries to get ready. He runs to his room and plugs his phone on the charger, praying it will charge just a little bit.

Dan runs to the bathroom and eyes his straightener.

7:45

Not enough time. Dan looks at his curly, messed up hair and sighs.

He runs back into his room and searches for a new pair of pants since the one's he's wearing had butter stains all over them.

Dan finally finds a pair and slides them on. He grabs a random black t-shirt from his closet and throws on the nearest pair of shoes.

7:51

Dan grabs his phone, charger, and bag and runs out the door.

It's raining

Shit

Dan thinks to himself as he runs in the rain.

Then a car pulls up next to him.

"Need a ride?" A familiar voice asks

Phil

"Please...." Dan begs, climbing into the passenger side of his car. "Thank you so much"

"No prob-" Phil stops in the middle of his sentence "Dan, what happened to you?" Phil asked concerned.

"I..... I-uh......" Dan couldn't find an excuse.

"We aren't moving until you tell me what happened to you. And I want the truth"

Dan starts to play with his fingers.

"It was Chris and Pj" Dan makes up

"When could that have happened? Last night after you left my house? Come on Dan, I want the truth" Phil begs still seeming concerned

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!" Dan yells, he grabs his jaw after yelling as a reaction to the stinging pain.

8:00

Phil puts the car in drive and they head to school in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In first period, Dan and Phil sit in silence.

"Are we gonna start to work or are you just going to stare at me?" Asks Dan

"Well what do you want to do?" Asks Phil

"Maybe we could do that video game idea" Dan responds

"Maybe we can play a bunch of scary and exciting games and track our heart rates" Phil suggests

"Aren't you terrified of scary things?" Asks Dan

"Yeah, we can video it and you can keep it so you can laugh at me" Phil responds laughing,
Dan joins in and then it goes silent.

Dan interrupts the silence by asking "what games are the scariest and most exciting?"

Phil pulls out his laptop and heads to Google. He looks up what are the scariest games?

"What's Five Nights at Freddie's?" Asks Dan, pointing to the link on the screen.

"Not sure, so let's do it!" Phil responds enthusiastically. He pulls out a sheet of paper and writes down the title of the game. "If we're going to be playing scary games, we absolutely have to play slender, that's no question."

"I've never played slender before......." Dan says nervously.

"How do you live?" Asks Phil "it's one of the most popular PC games of all time!"

"I know I'm a nerd that has no life, but that doesn't mean that I play video games 24/7"

"True....... But should we be comparing heart rates from exhilarating to scary or comparing heart rates to each scary game and seeing which one is the scariest?" Asks Phil

"We should compare scary games to see which one is the scariest game" Dan replies "that seems like more fun"

"Definitely, maybe we can go to your house to start working, our computer is broken at home" Phil says

Dan thinks
What if dad is home? What would he do? Maybe he'll make an acceptation since it is a project.

"Ok, here's my address" Dan responds handing Phil a sheet of paper "it's right down the street from your house......"

The bell rings and Dan picks up his books to leave. He walks into the hallway alone, looking down at the floor, trying to avoid Chris and Pj.

It didn't work.

The walk up to him, all tough.

Pj says in a mocking voice "awww, did little Danny get another boo boo?" He shoves dan into Chris.

Chris picks Dan up by the collar.

"P-P-please put m-me down" Dan whimpers.

"Awww! Is Daniel scared?" Chris asks in a sing-song voice.

Dan winces as Pj's fist makes contact with Dan's jaw.

Right after that, Chris knees Dan in the stomach and he lets go.

Dan falls to the floor coughing.

"Just go kill yourself Howell" Pj says while walking away.

"No one would care" Chris joins in as he catches up to Pj, walking down the hallway.

The bell rings and Dan is left alone by himself to cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed!!

6shatteredmistakes Haley and I hope that you're ok! We love you.

Gotta blast🚀

So peace out Girl Scout✌️

And see ya on the flip side👋