Chapter 13: Christmas

The next day was the day before Christmas eve. Since we couldn't get a real tree, we grabbed a normal houseplant shrub. Mrs. Weasley made it bigger and we decorated it with baubles she made for Ginny and myself. It was very fun and kept us busy for most of the day. That night Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and myself all sat upstairs laughing and being excited to go back downstairs into the living room and sit around the fire and listen to the radio. Towards the end of the meeting we heard people leaving out the door and we all started to get ready to go back down the stairs once the meeting had completely ended.

When we thought Mrs. Weasley was telling us to come down we stayed at the top of the stairs but instead of Mrs. Weasley poking her head through the door it was Sirius.

"Harry Someone is here for you," he said almost angrily. Harry looked at all of us and shrugged then went down the stairs. The rest of us that remained sat at the top of the staircase.

"Who could be here for Harry?" I asked.

"Didn't you see who wash behind him?" Asked Hermione.

"No," said Ron.

"Oh, honestly don't you two pay attention? He was wearing all black and Sirius was mad about it.... Snape and Sirius hate eachother," said Hermione.

"Wonder why he wants to talk to Harry," said Fred.

"Hey maybe we can sneak a nosebleed nougat to him," said George. Ginny laughed but when she saw the glare Hermione shot at them she passed it as a cough.

We waited for a while all staring at the door. It opened about ten minutes later and Sirius this time called for me. I glanced nervously at everyone and then walked own quietly.

When I follows Sirius into the kitchen I saw the long table had Harry sitting on one seat and on the opposite side was Professor Snape. It looked very tense in the air.

"H-hello Professor Snape," I said as I sat down.

"Professor Dumbledore thinks it best that I teach you and your brother occlumency due to... Recent events," he said. I glanced at Harry who was looking at his hands.

"Umm Professor-" I said nervously. " what exactly is occlumency?"

"The art of reading minds and closing ones mind to it," said Snape. I nodded a little bit and got slightly creeped out... Did that mean Snape could read minds?

As it thought that I looked up and saw Snape nod subtly. I averted my eyes and looked at my hands to.

"You and your brother will have separate classes two times a week in the evenings. Due to the fact that that headmaster wishes to not have people knowing about these classes you will say if any one asked you are taking extra potions it shouldn't seem to surprising-" he said to Harry.

"You will have to say something else it's not believable for you to say that," he said.

"Mr. Potter your first class will be Monday. Yours will be to, await a owl saying the time, now i must be going-" he said and with that he left.

I looked at Harry and saw he looked annoyed.

"Sirius, can they all come downstairs now?" I asked. Sirius nodded and I left the room. I heard Sirius and Harry talking as I left but instead of saying anything, I just went quietly up the stairs and past Kreacher muttering to himself and told them we could go down now. They asked me what he wanted and I muttered something about a test.

That night we baked cakes and pies and cookies for Christmas. We listened to Celestina Warbeck. None of us kids or the men enjoyed it much but Mrs. Weasley loved her so we listened none the less.

The next morning we visited Mr. Weasley at the hospital again. We talked for a while and it was decided that we would visits tomorrow morning, Christmas Morning. After we talked to him for awhile the trio and myself decided to go for a walk around the hospital. In the one room we saw Neville from school. When Harry Ron and Hermione were eavesdropping through the door on what was happening I was blabbing bright red. The truth, is that Nevilles parents were tutored into insanity by Bellatrix Lestrange. They were never quite the same again.

When Neville came out of the room he saw us blushed red, and then walked away with his grandmother muttering something under his breath. Once we had gotten back home and Hermione Ron and Harry had talked themselves out about seeing Neville we ate a nice dinner of a roast chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetables, rolls, dingomberry sauce, etc. We went to bed with our stomaches  full.

The next morning I awoke as Ginny and Hermione did on Christmas Day and we opened our gifts. I had gotten a few chocolate frogs, a new quill and small bottle of red ink from Hermione, a bottle of butterbeers from Ginny, a cauldron cake, a mint green Weasley sweater knitted by Mrs. Weasley with a big E on it. I instantly put it on as Hermione and Ginny did theirs. Mrs. Weasley also got us some homemade fudge. Harry got me a extremely tiny muggle dream catcher necklace that I instantly put it around my neck and tucked into my shirt.

Then we all walked across the hall to Harry and Rons room and went inside unannounced.

"Merry Christmas!" We shouted almost synchronized.

I ran to Harry and hugged him smiling and showed him the necklace. He smiled back.

"Thanks for the treats for Hedwig and The Weasleys  Wizarding Wheezes," said Harry in a whisper to me. We all exchanged thanks and then finally we separated and got ready for the day. I wore a black skater skirt and my sweater, with my hair in a Dutch braid.

We had a grand Christmas with a good feast. Everything seemed perfect with everyone in the order at the table with us excerpt for Snape eating and being happy.

We arrived at Hogwarts fine and Harry and I had both told Hermione and Ron about Occlumency with Snape.

"Of course..." Said Hermiones we walked on the campus at the end of the first day. It was still snowy outside but still we walked around.
"Occlumency is the act of magically clearing ones mind against external penetration," said Hermione.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
HEY GUYS!
I hope you liked this chapter! I know that it was short I'm really sorry. But the title is Christmas and Chriatmas is my favorite holiday and you all gave me the best gift to wake up to... We have over 100 reads! (123 to be exact!) Anyway, I love you all! Please remember to vote and tell your friends if you like this story! Alright, the show I'm in is coming up soon. My dog is trying to steal the cookies in eating. I have to go, I love you all and thanks for 100+ reads!
-mkkn454