Chapter Two

It was the first day of middle school. A new building, a place where rather than being the big fish, we were all little guppies. I had no idea where I was going and felt so ugly that I tried to hide my bland dark brown eyes with my curly brown hair. I was no beauty, I had just gotten the crappiest haircut ever, a short bob with disgusting side bangs. The haircut would have looked fine on someone else, but it was made for someone with straight, thin hair, the opposite of mine. Not to mention that I parted it so far to the side that it stuck out. I was never one to follow the latest trends or anything like that. I stuck to band tees and skinny jeans, which, I know, blah blah, dumb scene kids but I don't care. Our school had a weird schedule, every quarter you had a different special, not including music. For me, it went health, P.E, art, and computer.  I was on my way to tenth period: health class. A class I was really dreading. Yay, time to listen to everyone giggle as the teacher talks about how we're all going to die from having sex.

Even though I knew I had no chance, for some reason I wanted to take it upon myself to make friends, something I'm awful at. The bell rang, and I sat down. The teacher didn't come in the room until class was half over, he introduced himself as Mister Pendulous (Mr. P) and announced that we would be watching "Happy Feet" in order to learn about self worth. Great. It's going to be this kind of class. Light was shed into the darkest corners of hell as I noticed a shorter girl sitting across the room, she had long blonde hair, glasses, and dark hazel-ish eyes that could kill. And damn, she was pretty hot too. She was cruvy as fucking hell and with that face? Damn. As the end of the class was nearing, the teacher finally decided to take attendance. As he called random names, one caught my attention, as I was looking at the kids in order. The name was Alice Wolfe. The girl I had been staring at (for what was probably a few minutes straight) silently raised her hand and subtly cleared her throat, signaling she was here. And with all that, her eyes never left the page of the book she was reading. As the bell signaling the end of the period rang, I was still staring, and noticed as the girl, Alice, got up, she was wearing an All Time Low shirt. My music taste. I thought.

As the days dragged on and the homework piled up, I continued to use health as a day-dreaming class. The only productive thing we did was fill out worksheets, for which all the answers were directly given to us. I continued to think of things to say to Alice, to introduce myself, every time I got up enough courage, my anxiety took over and told me she would hate me. Until one day, a Friday I believe, at the beginning of class I caught her smirking at me, I looked at her with a confused look, then she tugged a little on her shirt and nodded toward me. I looked down, we were wearing the same Fall Out Boy shirt. I snickered and went back to doing my useless bell-work. It was the next school day that would affect my life in a weird way. Good or bad, I don't even know yet.