Chapter Three

"You should all know by now how big of a role science plays in math.... Now I'm sure you've all heard the ever so popular formula e equals mc squared, correct? You should've went over this type of equation last year as the formula itself is pretty basic." Our math teacher chattered. God, she never stops talking. I thought to myself. Whatever she said next escapes me as I slipped into another daydream, like always. I'm walking in the woods by my house. A warm hand connects with mine. I look up to see her. We keep walking on an endless road, we say nothing, just enjoy each others company. She looks over at me and... I'm brought back to reality as Triston turns around and reminds me to take notes, as we have a test in two days that I have neglected the need to study for...

I mindlessly took notes on whatever she was saying before actually looking down at them and realizing it was just a bunch of random scribbles in the middle of the page. As soon as I looked up, the bell rang and somehow, as if timelessly, the period was over. Since I only had mindless doodles instead of notes, when I caught up to Triston walking out the door, I asked to borrow and copy his instead. Before heading to science, I stopped at my locker to drop off some books and pick up a few others. I walked into the room and sure enough, the bell rang as I sat down next to Jamie.

"Yo, Jay, d'you do the homework?" I asked, knowing she probably didn't.

"Woah, woah, woah, wait. We had homework?" she rhetorically asked in a slight panic.

There she goes again, I thought, "Here, copy mine real quick." I tell her.

"Lifesaver... definition: Ashley Lockwood." she praises me.

Hardly.

Just then, Mrs. Drakeson walks in.

"Alright guys, so, I'll wait until the end of class to collect the homework so that any of you who haven't done it," she looks at Jamie and smiles that all-too-polite smile. "Can do it during the video we're watching today. Since it's only the beginning of the year, I won't load you with worksheets to do whi-" her voice de-crescendoed as I slipped into daydream again. First about what the video is going to be, then, of course, Kya.